I Want To Learn

DioD

Reaction score
waits actually can be evoided, always, there is no applications that really need waits.
timers and custom events do its job.

also i suggest to not use systems you cant understand, this will probably lead to problems after some time.

GUI problem can be fixed by changing options of UMS or disabling UMS at all.

hellmonja27

Reaction score
i'm just trying to learn things that would enable me to convert my spells into cleaner, MUI spells. unless someone would volunteer to convert one of my more complicated spells into vJASS.

don't get me wrong, it's not that i want someone to do it for me. i learn better through actual code and if i get one of my big spells converted to vJASS, i can study that and convert the others as well. but until then, does anybody have a good link on Vex's CSData? do i need to dump a chunk of code into my map before i start using it, like Kattana's, or am i good to go with JNGP in place?

don't worry DioD, i also don't like putting stuff in that i don't understand. i'm just trying to learn stuff that i think i need...

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
My favourite libraries by J4L are Timer32 and Event, the rest could handle some optimisation to be honest, but he claims he's too busy to update anything these days.

Most people don't realise that running the AIDS textmacro at the top of the struct causes really bad compile issues because vJass doesn't top-sort the methods, so it makes them all function interfaces, instead, so you have a bunch of cloned text in your map and bad performance.

baassee

Reaction score
Put them into the bottom of the struct?

Agreed, T32 is a fine thing although TimerUtils is enough for starters; as said above, once you get more experience, move on to T32.

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
Put them into the bottom of the struct?

Precisely. However, the vast majority of cases have it at the top of the struct because Jesus4Lyf recommended that in the AIDS setup instructions, therefore the vast majority of people who use AIDS have a lot of wasted handles, efficiency and map file size due to generated text.

baassee

Reaction score
Recommendations, hah, what a misery! What happened with the old fashion learn from the bottom to the top?

J4L, change the instructions! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.