Icons in Multiboard?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hi!
I was just wondering if it's possible to change the icon of a player in a multiboard, to what hero it has?

Like if i made a hero arena and i chose the hero "Death Knight", would it be possible to change the icon in my row in the multiboard to that hero's icon ??

And how do i know how much width i need on the multiboard for, for example player names ???

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Hi!
I was just wondering if it's possible to change the icon of a player in a multiboard, to what hero it has?

Like if i made a hero arena and i chose the hero "Death Knight", would it be possible to change the icon in my row in the multiboard to that hero's icon ??

And how do i know how much width i need on the multiboard for, for example player names ???

1) Yes, the changing icon action is in the multiboard section. I would put it in your pick heroes trigger(s) so that you know which icon to change.

2) Play around, the more width, the longer it is. Just test in game to find an appropriate size.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Use this action:

Code:
Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to UI\Feedback\Resources\ResourceGold.blp

Komaqtion

Reaction score
But i mean with the icon, how can i efficiently set it to the icon of the player's hero ??
and so there is nothing like set the width to player name length ??

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
you would need 2 arrays ...
1 array of all the hero types
and another one (string array) with all the paths to the icons for the heros ...

Kelvin87

Reaction score
That means, all of the icons and heroes string you should declare it ealier in map initialization. So, when you buy a hero, the icon will be shown on the multiboard.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
You don't think you could show me this in a trigger ?

EDIT: This is how the trigger looks... how would i change it to make it use the variables you said, and could you show me a trigger setting the variables ??

Code:
Multiboard
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 6 columns and 14 rows, titled Hero Kills
        Set Multiboard = (Last created multiboard)
        Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 1, row 0 to Hide text and Show icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 2, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 3, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 4, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 5, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 6, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to Player
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 4, row 1 to Kills
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 5, row 1 to Deaths
        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 6, row 1 to Score
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Player_Score[(Integer A)] = 0
                Set Player_Deaths[(Integer A)] = 0
                Set Player_Kills[(Integer A)] = 0
                Set Hero_Deaths[(Integer A)] = 0
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Multiboard - Set the icon for Multiboard item in column 1, row ((Integer A) + 2) to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNResStone.blp
                -------- Change "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNResStone.blp" to whichever icon you'd like to have infron of the players name! --------
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Player((Integer A))) controller) Equal to User)
                    Then - Actions
                        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row ((Integer A) + 2) to (Player_Colors[(Player number of (Player((Integer A))))] + ((Name of (Player((Integer A)))) + |r))
                        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 4, row ((Integer A) + 2) to 0
                        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 5, row ((Integer A) + 2) to 0
                        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 6, row ((Integer A) + 2) to 0
                    Else - Actions
                        Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row ((Integer A) + 2) to Not playing!
        Multiboard - Show Multiboard
        Custom script:   call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.