[Idea] Squads

johnnyfire

Reaction score
yeah i was playing dawn of war and i got the idea wouldn't it be cool if something like the squad system was in warcraft... i couldn't find one that was done so i started making one... and here is the map (note - i didn't make the terrain, obviously) :D

Features:
Heroes may be attached to squads
Squad units are trained at location of squad
A minimum of units is initially trained
Entire squad is selected at one time

Current downfalls:
One Squad may be selected at a time, i don't see a way of getting around that... :eek:
I have no clue how the heck i made the triggers work... :banghead:

So try out the test map, (i think the AI works now, but you never can be sure, it is really stupid regardless), and tell me if the idea is going somewhere or if the triggering causes glitches or something.

bugs found:
Displays no resource message to all players...
AI still sucks ass.. (fixed, accidently told it to train a unit that was impossible to train)

DOWLOAD HERE

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
sounds intresting, ill check it out after i get soem sleep =_= why the hell am i still up at 1am when i have school 2mm @.@.... anyways ill check it out 2mm >.< (flops on keyboard) <is now invunerable and Zs start poping from head)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
hey johnnyfire, is this another project of urs?

if it is, you have so many projects already why not concentrate on the first one?

johnnyfire

Reaction score
well the first one is hitting a huge problem.... it just looks too much like dota even when i am playing it im thinking why don't i play dota?

So i am taking a break, getting some fresh ideas, and getting ready to revamp the defense of khaz modan in the summer...

When this is perfected i may use it (or something like it) for the bodyguards...
so far the selection part is the most promising.

Kildare

Reaction score
I've actually tried making a squad/regiment based map, but the selection triggers seem to get fucked up when you play it online. Had to disable the squad selection in the end.

johnnyfire

Reaction score
Well i figured out that you cannot allow automatic selection for other players units.... that may have been the problem with yours, but i am confident that i have this fixed in mine.... but as i have no reference point i could be wrong.

but maybe not in this version, cuz its just the test.

OFF TOPIC: isn't kildare the name of an irish monastary?

johnnyfire

Reaction score
I've been on vacation! No just studying for those darn finals and the SAT... so my idea does serve a purpose! I'll check it out. Note: Updated version coming in a week or so, it will be unprotected!

johnnyfire

Reaction score
BUMP

Open triggers are up... just tell me if you see any bugs or something. It's in the download here section...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.