Ideas and help with BIG warfare map...

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
Hiya everyone... again.. seems like im posting 1 thread a day these days :p...

anyways i am making a big warfare map and i need ideas and help....
Imagine the battlefield as a big diognal (somewhat wide) line from 1 corner to another... im going to make this somewhat Command and conquer like.. but also like battlefield.

Currently i am working on some issues and i need ideas for the map

things already in process
-made a lot of craters and doodads in which, when in there units miss you more often and you take less damage (the trick is making the triggers like a cliff terrain then ramp all sides then lower the middle alot...)
forests and stuff included...

-at the moment i am working on a vehicle.... like erm.. see.... when you create the vehicle by using your factory it is inactive and does not move/attack until someone enters it (i need a trigger for this)
also i want some vehicles to have mounted weapons (like a hummv with a 50.cal machine gun on top) and make the attack type on vehicles like in battletanks/ships so that you can move around shooting.... (want it to be cool and flashy :D)

-this is mainly going to be an infantry/light vehicle map (with heroes ofc) and lots of gameplay/strategy involved.... so that people cant just rush through with a huge mf army and own....
preventing rushing and stupidity...

-3 players on each team, 2 teams 4th player on each team is a pc which automatically sends reinforcements/sends troops randomly across the map to waypoints like craters and mountains.

I have not tested this yet but i am hoping for a cool and gd map :D please post your ideas and triggers for them here :D (+ need help with that vehicle thingy) please and thank you :D

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well, Im making a plane dogfight crap... And I've got a flashy thing for you!

When a unit is hit by artillery or whatever...

They blow away from the artillery target! You know... Generals :cool:

mushroom911

Reaction score
:d

cool ideas, il look into that..

btw... u guys know any way to make random explosions on map dealing N/E damage to anyone within its radius (artillery and stuff) :D?

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Thats easy... You might be confused because you randomized it in different locations...

The easiest way is to make a Point Variable

Then set it to (Random point in Playable Map Area)

Then use the special effect, damage point and ubersplat on that variable...

mushroom911

Reaction score
Okie

K, il try that but any tips/triggers about that vehicle thing are well accepted :rolleyes:

Tholdalf

Reaction score
Make a trigger like this one.

Event:
Unit comes whit in 100 yards? of unit
Conditions
Unit equals to (one of you veciles)
Action
If
Unit is ally (if you want that) of vecile
Unit is Pilot ( or driver or whatever)
Then
Remove triggering unit
change owner of vecile to owner of triggering unit.
Else
Do nothing

Hope this gives you some ideas ;)

mushroom911

Reaction score
:d

thanks for that, ill see how it works but atm working on that artillery thingy (importing explosions takes alot of time when u need to re-install TFT every model u import xD) dno why this happens thou :p... meh who cares anyways xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.