Ideas in Beating Cheats...

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
umm..

can you give me ideas to beat cheats like iseedeadpeople, greedisgood, leafittome, keysersoze, and especially whosyourdaddy.

+rep to good ones.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
You could import a custom cheats.j file into your map that is empty and change the path... that should work.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
greedisgood - Add a trigger to check if gold reaches a large sum that doesn't happen in your map. Same thing with lumber.

Iseedeadpeople - don't know try adding a unit outside camera range if it range of a player's vision defeat them.

whosyourdaddy - Add a trigger to add a timer to a unit checking how long it takes for it to die, if its less than 2 seconds then defeat the player. Try it on some strong unit that takes 10 seconds or more to defeat.

saw792

Reaction score
Hmm I just actually looked through cheats.j and it's all debug cheats... so that probably won't work.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
iseedeadpeople - how about a method that was thought to counter map hack but it didn't, yet it should work in your case. Create 2 towers, 1 owned by the player, another owned by the computer, give the tower long enough range but 0 vision, and put the two towers near each other, if fog is removed they will attack each other, detect when the tower takes dmg, and defeat the player

for whosyourdaddy - i think creating 1 unit for the player, does 1 dmg at slow attack rate, and an enemy unit that has 10 hp with super high regen rate, if comp dies, the player cheated

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
actually, the beating cheats is for a RPG and i dont get your greedisgood soultions, sorry im still a noob. :)

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
actually, the beating cheats is for a RPG and i dont get your greedisgood soultions, sorry im still a noob. :)

Lets say your map has a small value of lumber, lets say you can only get around 200 or so, make a trigger to check if a unit has more than 500/1000/ect and defeat them.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
Event - Player 1 Red's Gold becomes greater than 7000 ( a number thats impossible to reach in your game, hopefully your game doesn't have 100000 gold regularly. (actually i forgot the gold limit, w.e))
Action - Defeat Player 1 (Red)

hey besides, you dont need to counter cheats, all you needa do is disable saving when theres only one player.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I know one way that'll work. The event would be like "Player types iseedeadpeople as an exact match". Then you put a simple defeat trigger and write the defeat message: "No cheating is allowed. Too bad you have to restart your game."

saw792

Reaction score
If you don't want to disable saving, perhaps a Game - Defeat action when a player types the cheat commands.

EDIT: Damn beaten.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
cheat commands do not register as chat messages, therefore, it does not work.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
first you need a save load system or else, its pointless to disable something you dont have :D

then, at the start of the game,
Conditions - Number of Players in (All Players) = 1
Actions - (Either defeat the Player or disable save load)

to disable save load, you just turn off the trigger that does the saving xd

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
so does that mean i have to make different save-load triggers for each player?

saw792

Reaction score
Well no, just use the event 'elapsed time is 5 seconds' and the trigger cleeezzz suggested.
Of course this only applies if you have a save/load system. If you don't, there is no reason to implement one just so you can disable it in single player.

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
For the gold thing - a sub-second timer that checks gold/lumber diffrence... Easy to implement and to run. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.