N

N1gh7m4r3

☼IgT☼ - Ignasia Team
Presents...
Eragon Realms

Based on the book "Eragon"​

Dedicated Ignasia Team Forum
☼IgT☼ Forum (igt.zapto.org)
☼IgT☼ Forum Mirror (www.ignasia.tk) (this may popup a small window or you may need to press "continue to ignasia.tk", only use this link if the main don't work)

Development News
Screen Shots at the end of the post!
Please Read the Second Post (just below this one)!
Currently in need of:
  • Terrain maker (that have read the first Eragon book)[Elthanor]
  • Trigger maker (needed triggers listed here) [N1gh7m4r3][Rad]
    • Random Team Mode (players will be teamed randomly)
    • Maybe some Mini-Games (Ideas needed first)
  • Spell Ideas / Spell Maker
  • Mini-Games Ideas / Mini-Games Maker
This is NOT quoted from anything, I just like the visual

Project Information:
Project Name: Eragon Realms
Map Name: Eragon Realms
Map Size: 224x160 (because of mini games)
Starting Date: 21, December, 2005
Editor Used: World Editor Unlimited 1.18 (TFT version 1.20)

Project Stage: Alpha - Organizing Ideas, Making basis of the terrain.
% Completed: 0%
Last Update to this Topic: 21, December, 2005

Project Details UPDATED:
The action of the map will be on a underground city called Farthen Dur.
The main game mode (there will be other game modes to extend gameplay) will get 2 teams fighting for 2 diferent things:
- One will try to defend Farthen Dur main city from the Urgals and kill their boss.
- Another will try to take Farthen Dur and defend their Boss (If he dies, they lose).

Surely more modes will come out, currently we thought of:
  • Capture the Flag (CTF) - Self explanatory ;).
  • Deathmatch (DM) - Timemd Battle, wins the Team with more kills.
  • Territory Control (TC) - Timed Battle, teams try to control strategic marks on the map, in the end the team with more land marks will win the game.
  • Suddent Death (SD) - Water is raising, complete your objectives before it's to late (still don't know how to do this, I think it's a good Idea :))
Thts it for now ;)

Old part:
This map will be based on the story of the book "Eragon", a great story that I loved. It's not by lack of imagination I decided to base the map on a book, that was because I loved the story and I just want to make something from it.

Then what style is this map? I really don't know :p, I don't want to stick to the book, I want to be creative, I don't want to follow the story, I want a competitve map, I don't want an AOS map, I want a map with AOS elements, that's it, I want to make something diferent, not reallly new, just diferent.

At the Moment I don't know what to do, Ill just start drawing the map and something will rise on my mind, like I always made.

PS: Sorry for some mistakes, I'am not thet :)banghead: ) good in English :rolleyes:

Well than please start to give some Opinions =)

Sreenshots names (from left to right)
Gates of Farthen Dur

N

N1gh7m4r3

☼IgT☼ & Credits

In here I will post all the names of people who help me.

To be part of the project just reply to this thread with this info:

MSN Messenger
What you want to do for this project.
E-Mail (if not the same of msn msgr)

☼IgT☼ - Ignasia Team Members:
  • Quadmxracer - Ideas (Plz get msn msgr :p).
  • Elthanor - Lead Terrainer (Terrain and Graphic issues should be directed to him)
  • Rad - Trigger Maker (I need your info plz).

☼IgT☼ said:
Hi! the team who make Eragon Project is now named:

☼IgT☼ - Ignasia Team

If you weanna be part of this team please join mirc, at

Server: Any Quake.net server.
Channel: IgnasiaTeam

Hope to see you around!

Credits:
  • Quadmxracer - Battle of Farthen Dur Idea
  • Rad - Gameplay Modes and tips.

N

N1gh7m4r3

Original Post by Elthanor (Lead Designer)

Hey, Iv been working on the terrain, something Night sent me, so here is some pictures

Screenshots
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Elthanor/Game/Terrain1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Elthanor/Game/Terrain2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Elthanor/Game/CopyofTerrain3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Elthanor/Game/CopyofTerrain4.jpg

Please commnet on it, i still feel its missing something... please let me know.

And here is some skins i worked on, I try to make a Durza, shorta looks strange, but ill show you anyways.

Durza.jpg

Here is the Arthas skin i remade, its basicly 2 skins i used, and merge them together, looks pretty cool!

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Skins&ID=4556&sid=00f0497c771577b615a3b298ce9d483f
(Could be used for maybe Eragon or Murthag, or someone els.)

And i did a little big with the first urgal skin recommended by Quadmxracer, just removed some chainmail, but i still think i need to remove the helmed, and the back totems, wich i might have to though editing. Ill try to remember to do that.

UrgalBIg.jpg

And a reskin and remodel for Saphira. The Landed Dragon model i recommended, I just got it to work.. for me, the first second it looks good, but after watching it do the stand animation, and walk... really bad. Its boxy. fat, and NOT the wild awesome saphira in the book. Thats just me... we could always have her fly around... but a dragon on land would be pretty cool.

Saphira Screen (BETA)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
For the dragon:

The Golden Dragon that teaches Saphira apparently cannot fly. Turn him golden, and it could work pretty well for him. (On a much much bigger scale)

If you're even using him in this.

(What color was Mathug's dragon?)

-Edit-

Good work on the terrain.

N

N1gh7m4r3

Alexander said:
For the dragon:

The Golden Dragon that teaches Saphira apparently cannot fly. Turn him golden, and it could work pretty well for him. (On a much much bigger scale)

If you're even using him in this.

(What color was Mathug's dragon?)

-Edit-

Good work on the terrain.

The model is cool, but its boxy, and we are maing a map based on the first book (Eragon), but thx for the Idea!

[Off topic] How to put a signature? thx :p

N

N1gh7m4r3

Hi! the team who make Eragon Project is now named:

☼IgT☼ - Ignasia Team

If you weanna be part of this team please join mirc, at

Server: Any Quake.net server.
Channel: IgnasiaTeam

Hope to see you around!

E

Elthanor

Wow! Scrolled up and I saw "Elthanor-Lead Terrainer"... I was like... wow, thats awesome! Thanks alot! Ill make you all proud!!!

For the Dragon, The Golden Dragon in the second book can fly. TThey fly all the time, and Murthags dragon is... does everyone know? If you dont know, its a spoiler, but you probably alreaddy know...

The Dragon model is boxy... i think bigger would make it more strange.

Thanks for the terrain, any thing i should add/remove, becusae I feel like its lacking something... something big... And Night, do you want me to work on the other parts too? For the Terrain?

What do you guys think about the skin? would they work? :rolleyes:

Yoshii

Reaction score
look nice, specialy model i wish I could model like that but I sux at any kind of drawing.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
what land dragon model did you used? the one made by Mc ! from wc3sear.ch?

N

N1gh7m4r3

I do think so, but talk with elthanor.

By the way, why do you ask that?

E

Elthanor

I just got an Idea that might "even" out the game.

Ok, Night has been working on a trigger stat thingy, basicly you can pick wich stats to increase. I loved that, but i think there is something we need to edit.

For me, when i play a game with heros and tomes, i only buy Agility, it incease my damge, defence, and Attack speed. While the other 2, strengh and inteligence, doesnt do much. So, i was wondering if we could edit the three stats abit. Maybe like the Agility increases attack speed and movemnt, strengh increase hp, hp regen and Attack, and intelligince increase Mana, mana regen and maybe adds 1 more to the still point you can spend.

Its just an idea, maybe make it more even, so ppl like me who just pick agility.

Yoshii

Reaction score
Elthanor said:

Ok, Night has been working on a trigger stat thingy, basicly you can pick wich stats to increase. I loved that, but i think there is something we need to edit.

For me, when i play a game with heros and tomes, i only buy Agility, it incease my damge, defence, and Attack speed. While the other 2, strengh and inteligence, doesnt do much. So, i was wondering if we could edit the three stats abit. Maybe like the Agility increases attack speed and movemnt, strengh increase hp, hp regen and Attack, and intelligince increase Mana, mana regen and maybe adds 1 more to the still point you can spend.

Its just an idea, maybe make it more even, so ppl like me who just pick agility.
yes in the gameplay constant do this as my hero arena, agility doesnt add armor nor dmg to any hero:p else its agility hero+agi tome=gg 5minutes

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
N

N1gh7m4r3

Elthanor said:

You are right, but dont worry stats work like this:

- 1 Point to Agility: Increases Atck Speed by 1%. Increases armor (1 armor per 4 agility points)
- 1 point to Strght: Increases HP by 50, Increae HP regen (0.3 points per secd)
- 1 point to Inteligence: Increases Mana by 25, Increase mana regen (dont remember how much)
- 1 point to primary atribute: Increases atck speed by 1

So i you want atack you need to use you primary atribbute
If you need armor and speed, go agility
If you need HP, go Strgh
If you need Mana, go Intel

all atriibutes have their own stats, and its wrong to say agility is the best, it all depends on how well we will make hour heroes, and I prommise you all: you wont be disapointed ;)

Thx for the feedback.

E

Elthanor

You are right, but dont worry stats work like this:

- 1 Point to Agility: Increases Atck Speed by 1%. Increases armor (1 armor per 4 agility points)
- 1 point to Strght: Increases HP by 50, Increae HP regen (0.3 points per secd)
- 1 point to Inteligence: Increases Mana by 25, Increase mana regen (dont remember how much)
- 1 point to primary atribute: Increases atck speed by 1

So i you want atack you need to use you primary atribbute
If you need armor and speed, go agility
If you need HP, go Strgh
If you need Mana, go Intel

all atriibutes have their own stats, and its wrong to say agility is the best, it all depends on how well we will make hour heroes, and I prommise you all: you wont be disapointed

For me,I would still think agility will be best, and ppl will get that.. but thats just me...

For Farthun dur, do you think the Vardens used a big castle/city as there defence? Or more just like a camp/ barricades and stuff. I have a small city/base im working on, but it might be to big, and its to small for the Farthun Dur City in the book, but bigger then a small camp.

here is shot,( Its a Very bad pictures, but enough to see what I am talking about)Ill add the rest of the details if the general idea is ok.
Pic.jpg

Its just an Idea, i was thinking its less like a city, more like a barricade, but i made this stuff to try it out. Please leave Feedback on it.

Also for the tunnels, i got the basic layout, might need to edit some. Here is the map full view, 1 normal and 1 with the text for labels.

EntireMap1.jpg

EntireMap1Text.jpg

Please leave Feedback! Happy New Year to all!!! :D <3 :D <3 :D

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Why waste map space for hero selection? Rather, use dialogue boxes for people and free up the space.

If you don't know what I mean, try my map Tropical Tag. It uses dialogue boxes for character selection.

E

Elthanor

Night wants the selection like Dota allstars, but when you pick him ,you can see his spells and how he looks, so thats why we have that space. Plus, its not wasting, its not very big at all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.