I'm back from several months break, and I can't open my old map.

cowmenace

Reaction score
I walked away from WC3 and map editing months ago, and just came back. Unfortunately when I tried opening my map, it all loaded fine until it was just about to appear on the screen then it said worldedit121.exe has stopped working. I'm on a new computer now, transferred the map by usb, and updated my UI with EGUI (I had EGUI previously set up on my last computer) The map isn't protected with a map optimizer

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
This has been happening to people who switch maps to new computers. :\

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
It's probably because you're using a newer version of WE when you made your map with an older one.

Conal

Reaction score
You could try an MPQ editor and export everything. Then open a fresh map and slowly import things one by one until you find the problem...then leave that thing out.

I've recovered several maps via that method. Gets old opening the map over and over though.

punwisp

Reaction score
I walked away from WC3 and map editing months ago, and just came back. Unfortunately when I tried opening my map, it all loaded fine until it was just about to appear on the screen then it said worldedit121.exe has stopped working. I'm on a new computer now, transferred the map by usb, and updated my UI with EGUI (I had EGUI previously set up on my last computer) The map isn't protected with a map optimizer

that was quite the random poof you made, it actually seemed as if you lost internet

EDIT:

Also the latest patches screwed up a lot of stuff, you could have custom triggers or something causing it to screw up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.