Immune to Slow

BAkil

Reaction score
How do I make a unit immune to slow effects? Similar to Lycanthrope when he shapeshifts into wolf form.

roXplosive

Reaction score
I doubt licantrope cannot be slowed . Only that he is very fast . As far as i know Surge and Haste makes the unit's speed maximum regardless of slow effects . I think it is impossible to set a unit's minimum movement speed to a value using the warcraft 3 functions but i think you could add some spellbook containing endurance aura that gives more than 500% speed bonus to the unit aquiring Haste or Surge .

rafaxik

Reaction score
Well there is a Speed Minimum field in the object editor,

It's exactly what it says: The minimum. If you set it to 522, then nothing will slow it, cause 522 it's the maximum unit's movement speed.

Lycanthrope CAN be slowed, but he's very fast and his minimum movespeed is very high.
If you want to morph to it, then no need for trigger.
If not, You must trigger it:
Trigger:
  • Event
    • A unit starts the effect of an abiity
    • Conditions
      • Ability being cast equal to MY ABILITY
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set current movement speed of (Casting Unit) to YOUR DESIRED VALUE

rotten

Reaction score
I think the way they do it in Dota is to give the Lycan (and his units) a huge number of Speed (like 1000000) when he's in his ultimate. That way you can slow him to 0.1% and he will still have 1000 speed.

Then the game intervenes with maximum move speed, set at 522 for dota, so the Wolf doesn't move any faster than that.

There is no way to set minimum movement speed for a single unit.

If you want your unit to be immune to all slow but not move at max speed allowed, and keep any other effects attached to the slows (damage etc.) that's a lot trickier.

The most obvious way I can think of is to create a dummy skill which has the exact same effects (including graphics) except the slow, for EVERY ability in your map that slows. This is rather tricky for cold based abilities which have an innate 30% movement slow, you'll need to replace them.

Then detect when the unit with this skill is slowed by a certain slow, and remove it immediately. Summon a dummy unit for the owner of the slow-caster, give it your non-slow version of the spell in question and have it apply to the "slow-immune" unit.

With passives, orbs and innate slowing attacks, you can just make bonus movement speed spells with 0 cool-down that last for the same amount and stack with each other but not instances of themselves and have a separate dummy follow your "slow-immune" unit and apply them whenever it's attack with a passive, orb or innate slowing attack.

:nuts:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
@rotten: thats wrong.
you can set the minimum movement speed for each unit individually and setting it to the maximum of 522 will make the unit immune to slow effects.

rotten

Reaction score
Damn, you're right, it's in the object editor but I never needed it, so I never noticed it. Is there any ability or trigger that touches that variable?

rafaxik

Reaction score
I think the way they do it in Dota is to give the Lycan (and his units) a huge number of Speed (like 1000000) when he's in his ultimate. That way you can slow him to 0.1% and he will still have 1000 speed.

Then the game intervenes with maximum move speed, set at 522 for dota, so the Wolf doesn't move any faster than that.

If you want your unit to be immune to all slow but not move at max speed allowed, and keep any other effects attached to the slows (damage etc.) that's a lot trickier.

The most obvious way I can think of is to create a dummy skill which has the exact same effects (including graphics) except the slow, for EVERY ability in your map that slows. This is rather tricky for cold based abilities which have an innate 30% movement slow, you'll need to replace them.

Then detect when the unit with this skill is slowed by a certain slow, and remove it immediately. Summon a dummy unit for the owner of the slow-caster, give it your non-slow version of the spell in question and have it apply to the "slow-immune" unit.

With passives, orbs and innate slowing attacks, you can just make bonus movement speed spells with 0 cool-down that last for the same amount and stack with each other but not instances of themselves and have a separate dummy follow your "slow-immune" unit and apply them whenever it's attack with a passive, orb or innate slowing attack.

:nuts:

It's impossible to set move speed over 522. Even if you change it on Obj Editor, the game will still recognize 522 the maximum.
It's what I said: Minimum move speed may be 522, then no matter slows on it, the minimum is actually the maximum.

rotten

Reaction score
It's a triggered speed boost, as it is applied to multiple units (all units owned by Lycan player, in fact).
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Matching player)) and do (Unit - Set (Picked unit) movement speed to 1000000.00)

Matching Player is just a placeholder, and the units still won't move beyond 522. But it can be reversed just as easily with an identical line containing "default speed of picked unit" instead of "1000000".

rafaxik

Reaction score
It's a triggered speed boost, as it is applied to multiple units (all units owned by Lycan player, in fact).
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Matching player)) and do (Unit - Set (Picked unit) movement speed to 1000000.00)

Matching Player is just a placeholder, and the units still won't move beyond 522. But it can be reversed just as easily with an identical line containing "default speed of picked unit" instead of "1000000".

Indeed, It could work this way. But the wolves hasn't maximum movespeed. Or they have the maximum and minimum movespeed as the same value (more probably) or they're triggered like you said (wrote, actually:)).
Note that increasing wolves movespeed doesn't work as well as the slow buffs.

rotten

Reaction score
Well, I'm not an avid Lycan player, but whenever I played with or against him, and he ulted, the hero moved at max speed, so did his spirit wolves and (when I built it) Necronomicon-minions. With proper triggering or Jass, my line should work. Note that Lycan isn't that strong these days due to the lack of any disable and the fact that he is owned hardcore by Ghost Scepter.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
It's impossible to set move speed over 522. Even if you change it on Obj Editor, the game will still recognize 522 the maximum.
It's what I said: Minimum move speed may be 522, then no matter slows on it, the minimum is actually the maximum.
Nope, not really correct, because we have this...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.