importing custom skins

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
Hi

So I fixed my exporting warcraft skins problem and modified the Arthas w/ Frostmourne skin to make it more 'undead.' No problems there.

But now I need to put the skin back into my map, so I open the WarIII model viewer and convert it back to .bpx Then I open WE, in the import manager i right click and select 'import file.' Then I pick my modified skin and put it in the import manager.

Now I'm stuck, I tried changing the new skin's cutom path as 'human/arthas/arthaswithfrostmmrne.bpl' (or whatever the arthas w/ swords actual path is) but that didn't change the skin, then I tried 'Textures/Arthas.bpl' but that sisn't work either.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
Sorry it is .blp, just typed it in wrong on my post...

Still doesn't work though, do I have to save my modified skin as something specific?

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
I've tried everything I can think of:

I've copied the path from the original model (units/human/Arthaswithsword.blp)
Tried Textures/Arthas.blp
And I've tried Arthaswithsword.blp, which is the name of the file in the image extractor.

Nothing has worked so far, what sort of problems would prevent a skin from showing up in maps?

AriesX_420

Reaction score
Well I assume you are editing the colour of the model using targa formats using Image_ExtractorII... However you state you edited the Arthas with frostmourne skin... Which actually does not exist.... Arthas (With hammer) exists... and the Weapon of frostmourne exist... but not them together...

You must import the arthas model using the default path of the arthas model.. Textures\Arthas.blp
The frostmourne model of arthas will follow suit, because it uses the arthas model.. If you wish to edit the frostmourne weapon.. I believe you need a
3d modeler app. because you must save it as an .mdx file and not a .blp... (Not sure on that tho still experimenting)

Hope this helps.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Please look at the dates before you post on an old thread. This is a 2 year old thread.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.