Importing Icons Correctly, But not working.

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Recently I've been designing icons for a new minigame that I'm creating, but for some strange reason they just don't want to work.

The only one time I can get the icon to work is if I don't change the pathing of the imported icon.

I've made sure it's 64x64, in 24-bit, Loaded Alpha Channel(since I'm converting it using Wc3 Image Extractor), and made sure all the images were merged to one layer.

If it matters, I'm using Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 to make my images, and I'm saving them as .tga files before converting them over to the .blp.

When I currently use the icon and import it I get a black block where it's supposed to be, and I've read on a tutorial that it means that I have not loaded the alpha channel for the icon, but I know first hand that I have(just to double-make-sure, I go to Select-->Load Selection-->And then I see A pull-down tab with only one option "Alpha 1" and I select that and click ok(That is what my idea of loading the alpha channel is--please correct me if i'm wrong))

For my BTN icon, I use this Path(without the quotes): "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNUnstableManaBurn.blp"

I also know the other correct paths for the DISBTN, PASBTN, and DISPASBTN.

So, as you can tell, I'm obviously frustrated and tired of not being able to solve this problem. Could someone please try to help?

Thank you VERY much in advance, as always.

--Beetlebomb

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
I used a different way to convert them actually; i don't know if it will help you though. I got them into *jp(e)g and then i launched WC3 Viewer. Go to Convert Files and choose 'BMP, TGA, or JPG -> BLP' and a window will pop up, letting you choose the file to be converted. It asks for the quality output and also, if the image has no alpha layer, it asks you if you want it added. Press Ok, and all done. This way i made lots of -working- custom icons.

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Is this some kind of special BTN icon? Since you're using .blp.

I import all my buttons in .tga, and it works like a charm, no issues yet.

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNsmallarmor.tga
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNsmallarmor.tga

Good Luck with it mate.

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
Aren't .tga files slightly larger? The only reason why I made them .blp was because I thought they were different sizes.

I used a different way to convert them actually; i don't know if it will help you though. I got them into *jp(e)g and then i launched WC3 Viewer. Go to Convert Files and choose 'BMP, TGA, or JPG -> BLP' and a window will pop up, letting you choose the file to be converted. It asks for the quality output and also, if the image has no alpha layer, it asks you if you want it added. Press Ok, and all done. This way i made lots of -working- custom icons.

WC3 Viewer? Where Can I get this? ^^

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
Here is the best tool for converting images to blp
BLPPaletter, i attached it, because Wc3campaigns, where you normally can dl it seems to be down atm (at least for me 0.o)

Make sure you read the readme before you use it..

Attachments

• BLPpaletter.zip
    168.2 KB · Views: 76

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Perhaps.

File formats and sizes arent my strongest site, but i compared 2 equally visually big pictures, .tga 12kb, .blp 11kb. So yes, maybe :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.