I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Yar, I only sent the map to Darthfett.

But corvusHaunt is evil, no noez giving the map to him. =P

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Darthfett said:
I'm currently trying to get a small code to help out with programming the guard's AI, and I'll put it in as soon as I can. :)

OK, I finished the code. This way the guards won't move out of their movement path, even if they go after a unit, so you will be able to use regions and such if you need to. :)

Here's a link to it, since I put it in the Free Trigger Code Sub-Forum, since it's a pretty simple JASS trigger, and a lot of people seem to ask about units stopping halfway through their td/pathing.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=314639#post314639

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Need any help with triggers?

I'm not great most at terraining or AI, but I'm pretty good at triggers and making units and heros. I know a some jass. Plenty enough to make MUI spells and remove leaks anyway. :)

K

Kadgar

darth, u gunna help me with my map still? also, am i still doing basic items?

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
corvusHaunt said:
Are we really no noez giving the map to me because I still didn't get it :(

We need a crying smiley!
Ah, don't cry little corvy, you're not evil. ^^ But show more respect to the all-mighty penguin legend Penguence next time. =P

Darthfett

Reaction score
Argh!! You have made the map 666 kb! :p

I'm sending the map now, just give me a second to upload it to rapidshare. :)

Evan1993 said:
Need any help with triggers?

Yes, that would be great. :)

@Sirroelivan
Do you mind if I send you the map through PM?

Kadgar said:
darth, u gunna help me with my map still? also, am i still doing basic items?

Yes, Yes. :p

Don't worry, Corvus, you haven't been left out, I just haven't sent the map out yet.

Mullit

Reaction score
I've been away/inactive for a while and just wanted to know how far you guys are with this and if progress is still slow.

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Are we worrying about map size?
Also did more than one person do the terrain? It looks like in most places it all the same person but in a few spots its in a different style.

K

Kadgar

.... idk ... guyz my vaca is gunna be like 3 days longer so :( can't work on anything yet. but make me a list.

Darthfett

Reaction score
I did everything above the village in the castle, as a base for testing, but 2-P did everything else.

We are not worried about map size at all, it's just that the map was 666 kb when 2-P sent it. The max is 4096 kb, so we are fine.

In case you don't have a job to do, here's a list of jobs that need to be done quickly.
Code:
1. Setting up a Random Event timer (with the random events):
    a. An occasional duel between one of the guards and a monster in the "collusseam."
    b. Random "search and destroy" teams to try and wipe out the Assassins.

2. Setting up "security levels":
    a. Will determine how far the King is allowed to travel away from the Palace.
    b. Determines how many guards are on-duty
    c. Determines how far guards will patrol.

3. Setting up the ActionBook abilities:
    a. Thievery (Assassins) - Will cause security to go up a tiny bit, gives money, and can only be used on villagers.
    b. Swim (?) - Will allow the unit to swim through the water.  (We may not use this, so if you set up the actionbook, do this last.

4. Setting up the Bases for Both teams
    a. Assassins base - Will be moved overnight, and is set up in a temporary "camp" style.
(2-P should have some preplaced, so you can see where the camps will be)
    b. Guard's base[b]s[/b] - Start out as a basic fortress, where heroes will be chosen.
It will be used to research Upgrades (Such as security upgrades to increase the effectiveness of security, and more types of security).

5. Setting up AI
    a. Guards - An auto patrol system, where guards can go off-duty, and more/less guards can be easily added.
    b. Villagers - Basically just villagers that will occasionally walk to a store, and have classes, like poor/rich.  
(There are houses already set up and seperated, so try and keep the units in their "areas".

6. Heroes for both teams
    a. Climbing abilities to go up walls. (Assassins)
    b. Invisible abilities. (Assassins)
    c. Deceptive abilities (That allow assassins to get away).
    d. "Catching" abilities (That will hold assassins in place).
    e. Mostly regular abilities, but remember that each unit needs to have its specialty, and plenty of heroes need abilities that are like the above ones.

7. Items (can be used for quests)

8. Terraining (Inside the Castle).

As you can see, we have a lot to do, so feel free to pick a job, and post what you are taking, so we don't get 2 people doing the same job (unless it's items, heroes, or random events FOR a random event timer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.