Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
Hero Idea - Kobold Tunneler

Ability 1 - Tunnel
The kobold digs underground, letting him move anywhere, even under walls and trees and other units, but making him move very slowly. Higher levels move a small bit faster.

Ability 2 - Rush Tunnel
The kobold begins to dig very fast for a short time, but the tunnel collapses after he finishes, damaging and stunning him and anyone he passed under. More damage and stun and speed each level. (stun will always counter the speed boost)

Ability 3 - Trap Pit
The kobold digs a hole under the ground, near the surface. Any units that move on top of it (except for a flying unit or a tunneling kobold) makes the hole collapse, and become stunned for a time. Hole takes 10 seconds to dig, and the kobold must channel it during that time. Higher levels stun for longer and do damage.

Ultimate - Tunnel System
The kobold digs a very large and stable tunnel, letting other units use them as well. This tunnel takes a very long time to dig, however, and can only be so long. Higher levels allow longer tunnels in shorter times.

Nice tunnel ideas, but the ultimate and level one ability seem a bit too similar. Also, there really isn't any passive type abilities, only ones that dig pits.

I think the trap pit seems like a better ability for the Underspider though, and then I could make it into a web trap with a pit under it.

I have just added more to the Underspider's Web Burrow Ability. It now webs the unit, and displays a floating text. For some reason the web effect is really really tiny though, and I don't know how to fix it.

I also added a -restore command to restore 150 mana and hp, so that you can test the abilities better. Please post your feedback, and/or bugs about the ability.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
The ultimate is really just an add-on to the first, just like the second. Actually, you should have the tunnel be passive, and then have the ability just make it better. The ultimate makes it so you can dig a tunnel for other people to use as well, and it stays there. Obviously it should have a 5-10 minute cooldown. If you really want to use the trap pit for another, instead use:

Magic Candle
The kobold puts a magic candle on his head, allowing him to see things above ground while burrowing. (another upgrade for burrow, usually you see nothing while tunneling) Higher levels allow longer sight.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Underspidzo0r:
That burrow ability is cool. I think I still have the old version, since the enemy didn't get webbed. (But the tooltip already says that the enemy will be webbed. o.0)
Some of the guards should have a spell to counter it.

Spell suggestion: Spawning some little spiders as distraction. But they don't appear suddenly, the spider lays an egg and after a few seconds the little spiders pop out. xD Damn... I hate spiders. -.-

And which of those abilities are supposed to make it a "main infiltrator"? :p I think we shouldn't make a hero who's a good hero killer and infiltrator.

Darthfett

Reaction score
2-P said:
Underspidzo0r:
That burrow ability is cool. I think I still have the old version, since the enemy didn't get webbed. (But the tooltip already says that the enemy will be webbed. o.0)
Some of the guards should have a spell to counter it.

Spell suggestion: Spawning some little spiders as distraction. But they don't appear suddenly, the spider lays an egg and after a few seconds the little spiders pop out. xD Damn... I hate spiders. -.-

And which of those abilities are supposed to make it a "main infiltrator"? :p I think we shouldn't make a hero who's a good hero killer and infiltrator.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

I guess it's not a main infiltrator (I don't know why I said it ;) ), but it is pretty strong against single units. I'm trying to make an ultimate for it, but I'm having some problems with it...

What it would do, is spawn an egg, that hatches after a short time, into an acid spitting spider. When the spider dies, it will turn back into the egg (this part is similar to phoenix fire), and if the egg itself dies, it then spawns 2 smaller spiders with the same ability, except for the egg splitting.

This is an ultimate, of course/ :cool:

>>(But the tooltip already says that the enemy will be webbed. o.0)

Yeah, I put that in as a reminder to myself to add it in. :)

Darthfett

Reaction score
I have added another ability in... the Underspider's Ultimate: Lay Egg.

The Underspider lays an egg, which hatches into a Spitting Spider. This minion has Slow Poison, and Web, and can also lay eggs to hatch into Spider hatchlings, with Slow Poison.

That's what the ability does, and I have the map attached. Tell me what you think! :)

Attachments

• Underspider Test.w3x
    26.4 KB · Views: 279

2-P

Reaction score
Nice idea. :)

But it needs some restriction. Like giving the spawned (small) spiders a duration or limit them. Or remove the mana regeneration from the large spiders.
Right now you can cast an unlimited amount of large and small spiders, and spawning 10 new spiders per minute is kinda... imba.

Darthfett

Reaction score
2-P said:
Nice idea. :)

But it needs some restriction. Like giving the spawned (small) spiders a duration or limit them. Or remove the mana regeneration from the large spiders.
Right now you can cast an unlimited amount of large and small spiders, and spawning 10 new spiders per minute is kinda... imba.

Ok, I'll add something to change that. Thanks. :D

BTW, anyone have any ideas for the last (passive) spell for the spider? Maybe a type of poison effect? I'm having a bit of trouble with ideas, but yet not much with the creation.

I'm also going to fix the webbing part, so the effect is bigger and visible.

Darthfett

Reaction score
Bump!

Does anyone have any ideas for a spider-like hero? I need a passive ability that has something to do with a spider. I just don't want to give the spider a regular poison attack. I want it to be unique, and have a cool effect on it, like maybe a Passive version of Parasite.

I'm out of ideas, but I have plenty of time to work on the abilities, so if you can post anything for a hero (an idea for one, an ability for one, etc.), I can try to make it. :)

Reaction score
How about an ability (for the spider) that is a bit like shadowmeld. When you activate it, the spider starts to spin a web around him/her/whatever. It takes some time for the spider to spin the web, but once it's done, she (I'll call her a she) becomes invisible. If she moves or anything like that she breaks the web (and invisibility). If she breaks the invisibility by attacking an enemy that has come close enough, she webs the target for a small duration and poisons it for an average duration. Poison deals some damage and slows the target. If you want, it can also make the poison to cause the target to miss on attacks, lose mana or whatever you want. If the ability will have levels, the casting time and effects could become better with each level.

Reaction score
Well, since she seems to have a run-and-web skill, I think shes fast, so yeah, a jump/burst of speed could fit her :) And that would remove the melee range issue I tought about, too.

Darthfett

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas for a newer hero. I can't exactly work on the Underspider, here at school, since the code just needs testing, but I can still work on a new hero, since this is the last ability for the Underspider. Any hero ideas will be rewarded with rep! :)

Reaction score
The Sludge Monstrousity
Model: Sludge Flinger
Side: Infiltrators
Strenght as primary, good strenght and agility grow but small amounts of intelligence.
Abilities:
Stickyness: The slime can climb walls, houses and other obstacles (cannot swim). When climbing an obstacle, wall or such the sludge has decreased movement speed. With each level, the decrease becomes smaller.
Slimy Body: When used, the sludge starts to leave a gooey slime underneath it when he moves. The slime lasts for 15 seconds and enemies on it have reduced movement speed and armor. Levels increase the duration how long the sludge leaves slime underneath it and reduces the mana cost (and possibly makes the effects of the slime better).
Slime Toss: The sludge tosses a part of itself at a location. The slime created pulls enemies close to it slowly slowly towards it, slows their movement and attack speed and also deals damage to them. The sludge takes damage when using this ability (but it cannot die to this). Levels increase duration and effects.
Ultimate: Slimy Devour: Sucks a neabry enemy towards the sludge (and slowly inside him), dealing immense damage and leaving the victim unable to do anything. If the enemy comes inside the sludge, it becomes poisoned, reducing its speed and dealing damage over time. Levels increase the damage dealt and the sucking speed.
I hope you liked the idea :)
By the way, how much of this map is currently done? Is it playable?

Darthfett

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea. :) Now I have something to work on at school.

I had to spread some rep first, so I couldn't give it to you right away, but now that that's done, I can tell you guys how the Underspider's coming along.

I've added in expiration timers for the Lay Egg ability (the times may be a little long/short though), so that abilities done now.

I am having trouble with the newest ability though. Since I want the spider to burrow underground (instead of put itself in a web), and then the player gets to choose when to jump out and bite the unit, I have to have abilities added on to/removed from the Underspider when she burrows underground. (See this topic if you want to help: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44195)

I have to add Permanent invisibility (So enemies can't see her), a jumping and attacking ability, and an ability that allows the Underspider to reemerge (so that she doesn't get stuck underground, waiting for an enemy to pass by, in case using the ability turns out to be wasted or a mistake).

I also have to disable/remove all the other abilities, so that she can't lay eggs while she's in this underground "form", or anything like that.

Once I figure out a way around it, and I fix the jump spell code, and merge it with the slide spell, she'll be finished. :)

We have about 2/3 of the map done with terraining, and Rinpun already has made 5 heroes, but the main parts of the map (although they shouldn't take much time to do) haven't even been started yet. We still have to make the AI's for both teams, as well as the bases and upgrades for the guards, so it's not playable. You can test the heroes though. :)

2-P

Reaction score
The Sludge Thingy:
Stickyness: Good idea, but sounds difficult to make.

Slimy Body: Fine.

Slimy Devour and Slime Toss: Doesn't fit to an infiltrator. If Darthfett wants hero-killers in the infiltration team than I guess it's ok. ^^

Darthfett

Reaction score
I saw the link to this in the World Editor News Zone and saw that you only have one graphics person. Do need any help with anything graphics related by any chance?

Can you make models? If you can, some sort of slime blob would help, but I can't think of anything for right now. If I do think of anything, i'll pm you though, alright? :)

Stickyness sounds extremely hard... I don't think i'd be able to do something like that.

As for the Slime Body, i'll work on it soon, but I'll have to use the water that goes inside the moonwell as the "slime" for now. (Until we have something better).

Slime Toss: I liked the idea of the slime throwing part of himself somewhere, but I didn't really like what it did it seems like a stationary version of one of the blobs from stickyness. Maybe it could be something like the pandaren's ultimate (Storm, Earth, and Fire Pandarens come out), and it splits into two? (I don't want all the abilities slowing movement speed, otherwise the abilities won't work well together, and can't really be used for combos, because of stacking issues).

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.