Inter-Azeroth Water Polo League

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
The Inter-Azeroth Water Polo League
============================================================
Welcome to the Inter-Azeroth Water Polo League, famed Azeroth wide for it's speed and brutality. I'd like to invite you all to participate in this faced paced game for a chance at glory and fame. In it, you form teams of six and slog it out over a gory playing field.
attachment.php

Featuers Include:
Game Modes - Goalie, Timeout, Multiball
3 heroes, each with different strengths and weaknesses
Advanced ball movement system, allowing you to play to your max

I'm looking for people that will test the map(even by themselves) and look for bugs and imbalances. If you find something you don't like, don't hesitate to tell. I've still got a look of things to work on and I'd like any suggestions you could give. In particular, I'd like ideas for more heroes.

In it future I have planned:
More Heroes
Victory Cutscene
Rematches
Some sort of AI
Some sort of shopping system

Attachments

• (12)Waterpolo.w3x
    144.3 KB · Views: 199
  • WC3ScrnShot_061106_103220_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_061106_103220_02.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 312
T

TotalGhost

:p I'll test it when i get back which is like uh "late" at night :) good idea and you might get a second third of first place if you improve terrain ..

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
-There should be a maximum height for the goal. So you don't get a point when you shoot the ball over/into the arch.
-Improve the terrain around the field. Maybe some bystanders which play their "stand victory" animation when someone makes a goal. ^_^
-I don't know if it's a good idea to make the ball an enemy, it's kinda annoying when your player goes to the ball even if you don't want him to.
-The jump looks a bit too weak. :/ You could increase their movement height during the jump.
-I don't know the water polo rules, but shouldn't the other team go back after they scored the goal so they can't get the ball again?

Good idea you have here, good luck. :)

Jazradel

Reaction score
-There should be a maximum height for the goal. So you don't get a point when you shoot the ball over/into the arch.
I'm thinking about that, but because the Jump ability is pretty uber right now I think it would give too much advantage towards defenders.
-Improve the terrain around the field. Maybe some bystanders which play their "stand victory" animation when someone makes a goal. ^_^
Totally, agree. I'll work on that next version.
-I don't know if it's a good idea to make the ball an enemy, it's kinda annoying when your player goes to the ball even if you don't want him to.
How about if I decreases the Acquisition Range?
-The jump looks a bit too weak. :/ You could increase their movement height during the jump.
I thought it looked pretty cool already, but I'll definetly give it a shot.
-I don't know the water polo rules, but shouldn't the other team go back after they scored the goal so they can't get the ball again?
Yep, I implemented that just after I uploaded it.
Good idea you have here, good luck. :)
Thanks, especially for all your comments.

I added some more content to the main post, including some more heros I'm going to add.

Mullit

Reaction score
i was just wondering are you gonna do any AI for it so people can play against the computer?

Jazradel

Reaction score
I might as some point. It should be pretty easy once I get the basic maths down, but other things definetly have priority right now.

Good night everyone, its half past midnight for me. I'll do a lot of that stuff tomorrow.

T

TotalGhost

Hey guys i dont have to go..and your work is good so far and i havent had any glitches...other than what he said "WE NEED AI" you should cuz it got borning >.< plus when peeps leave the game..

Jazradel

Reaction score
Lot of minor updates. Slight improvements to nearly everything, I'm still working hard on the other stuff.

Jazradel

Reaction score
Maps actually at a nicely playable stage. I had to submit this version to the Blizzard contest because I'm going away tomorrow and I don't know when I'll be back.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.