Internet Dating

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
People wouldnt be doing it if it doesnt work.

This is completely untrue, people do things everyday that don't work, but they THINK it works. Just because they're still together, doesn't mean it's "Working". They stay because they don't feel they could find someone else, or don't want to be "alone". Yes, it "works" sometimes. However, look at the number of people that try, and the number of people that doesn't work out. It's much much MUCH greater than the ones that do.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i never said that the chances of it actually working would be greater than the chances of it not working. I just said it works sometimes.

Although if someone wants to run some science experiments with some victims then we can know for sure.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If you can hear and see them over the internet then it's harder for them to lie about themselves.

it's better to meet people in real life, that's true though.
if it's late at night or if one is on vacation or something talking over the internet is fine, only if you don't actually know the person in real life is it bad.

@ddr
there are many more relationships that don't work out than ones that do in the world, so that's kinda a flawed argument. I get what your getting at though.

internet based relationships can work, but most will be based on lies, more so than actual relationships.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
it's hard to lie about being forty and a pedo if the 15 year old girl can see you.

and if you talk to each other a lot, possible more so than in real relationship, it's hard to lie about who you are.

it's easy to lie in real life too, by your definition, so again, that's a flawed argument.

punwisp

Reaction score
If you talk on phone, use cams, all that kind of stuff, you can have a bit of a successful online relationship... Afterall people can get very creative when it comes to the *moment*.

However even if they use all these things, if someone is goog enough *Such as a player*. Woman fall in love so friggin easy its not even funny. Making the predators job easier.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
it's hard to lie about being forty and a pedo if the 15 year old girl can see you.

and if you talk to each other a lot, possible more so than in real relationship, it's hard to lie about who you are.

it's easy to lie in real life too, by your definition, so again, that's a flawed argument.

I'm not talking lies like that, I'm talking lies about what you do, what you like, stuff about your personality, not stuff like being a pedo...

If you talk on phone, use cams, all that kind of stuff, you can have a bit of a successful online relationship... Afterall people can get very creative when it comes to the *moment*.

However even if they use all these things, if someone is goog enough *Such as a player*. Woman fall in love so friggin easy its not even funny. Making the predators job easier.

Successful relationship? No, successful friendship. Online relationships are no different than having an online friend, besides perhaps tossing a "I love you"* back and forth every now and then, and considering yourself "taken".

That is not a relationship. A true relationship involves both physical and mental needs of each person, and the physical side is not reached if...well...you never get to physically be together. If someone feels complete knowing that someone half the world away "loves them", then they really should question the reasons why they are looking for a girlfriend/boyfriend in the first place. Most, like I said above, just feel like they cant' find anyone else and thats what they have to deal with. I don't care how much someone in an "online relationship" claims that it works out, you can't tell me that you'd rather webcam chat with your "girlfriend" instead of taking her on a date, going to see a movie or a sports game or something and getting to spend physical time with your date. And if you're into the sexual end of things, people still claim the whole "You can masturbate on cam and it's the same thing". Bull, it's not the same feelings at all, physically, mentally, or emotionally...

As I've already said, as a kid/teen, online relationships are wasting your time you could be using being social and getting out and meeting people and spending time with friends. If you get out and do things, you will meet people you get along with, and therefore possibly date...

To each their own, but really, other than the slightly-true, slightly-false feeling of being "Wanted" or "Needed" that you get from online relationships in which you don't meet but once or twice a year for a few days, if that, I really don't see the benefit of them. Maybe someone would like to shed some light on it? Because the only answer I get from my bud thats in one is "Because I really love her"...

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking lies like that, I'm talking lies about what you do, what you like, stuff about your personality, not stuff like being a pedo...
all those things are about who you are, which I already discussed in my previous post.

Successful relationship? No, successful friendship. Online relationships are no different than having an online friend, besides perhaps tossing a "I love you"* back and forth every now and then, and considering yourself "taken".
So the only thing different from a real relationship is that there is no physical connection.
That is not a relationship. A true relationship involves both physical and mental needs of each person, and the physical side is not reached if...well...you never get to physically be together. If someone feels complete knowing that someone half the world away "loves them", then they really should question the reasons why they are looking for a girlfriend/boyfriend in the first place. Most, like I said above, just feel like they cant' find anyone else and thats what they have to deal with. I don't care how much someone in an "online relationship" claims that it works out, you can't tell me that you'd rather webcam chat with your "girlfriend" instead of taking her on a date, going to see a movie or a sports game or something and getting to spend physical time with your date. And if you're into the sexual end of things, people still claim the whole "You can masturbate on cam and it's the same thing". Bull, it's not the same feelings at all, physically, mentally, or emotionally...
never heard of masturbating in front of a camera for...

anyway, one might wan't to speak to one's partner online if it is late, and that may seem perfectly acceptable way to maintain a relationship when they can't easily reach each other. it is impossible to reach each other in an online relationship, and it is acceptable too.
As I've already said, as a kid/teen, online relationships are wasting your time you could be using being social and getting out and meeting people and spending time with friends. If you get out and do things, you will meet people you get along with, and therefore possibly date...

To each their own, but really, other than the slightly-true, slightly-false feeling of being "Wanted" or "Needed" that you get from online relationships in which you don't meet but once or twice a year for a few days, if that, I really don't see the benefit of them. Maybe someone would like to shed some light on it? Because the only answer I get from my bud thats in one is "Because I really love her"...
because getting a online relationship is way easier than a real one.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
because getting a online relationship is way easier than a real one.

Horrible reasoning, but thank you for completely backing up my point of...

Most, like I said above, just feel like they cant' find anyone else and thats what they have to deal with.

Perhaps if you got out and were social like I said, your skills at meeting and talking would improve and thus make it easier for you to get a real relationship.
Trust me, I used to be really shy as a kid, and I thought I'd never meet a chick to date, then I started going to social events and talking, and it's really easy for me to meet and date now...

You just have to do something about your life and not sit on the computer all day.
_______

all those things are about who you are, which I already discussed in my previous post.

No, they're not. I'm talking about things about your personality...
If you chat on cam, you can clearly tell that the person isn't 40, however you wouldn't be able to tell that he really doesn't like horror movies like he says he does...

A small example...

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Internet dating isn't dating just because you put the word "dating" in it. It is childish and pointless. But meeting someone online and then meeting in real life is fine by me, you know, on those dating sites.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Horrible reasoning, but thank you for completely backing up my point of...

Perhaps if you got out and were social like I said, your skills at meeting and talking would improve and thus make it easier for you to get a real relationship.
Trust me, I used to be really shy as a kid, and I thought I'd never meet a chick to date, then I started going to social events and talking, and it's really easy for me to meet and date now...

You just have to do something about your life and not sit on the computer all day.
lol, too late.:p

!usage of "you" alert!
I'm being devils advocate, I've never internet dated, and don't plan on it, so ha!

No, they're not. I'm talking about things about your personality...
Your personality is what makes you mentally different from everyone else. sounds like who you are to me.
If you chat on cam, you can clearly tell that the person isn't 40, however you wouldn't be able to tell that he really doesn't like horror movies like he says he does...
...just like in real life...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
lol, too late.:p
!usage of "you" alert!
I'm being devils advocate, I've never internet dated, and don't plan on it, so ha!

Wasn't directed towards you, I was using "you" in the general context.

Your personality is what makes you mentally different from everyone else. sounds like who you are to me.

To a point, yes. But really, it's still completely different online than in person, no matter how much a person says it isn't...

...just like in real life...

Uh, yeah...?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.