• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
"Fewer"... The word you were looking for was "fewer", Merc! :D

Reaction score
oh, ya got me :eek:

well yeah smaller in size and fewer as in how much it can hold and imags/video feature thingy. :D

idk_a_name

ABC GUM :D
Reaction score
DDRtists said:
It's not that, I don't like mainstream things.

I don't dress mainstream, I don't act mainstream, I don't skateboard...
It's just not me. :p

::random:: yeah Ive noticed that ALOt of people are bringing skatebaords to school... and half of them cant ride it. kinda pisses me off. but then again how you gonna learn if you dont do it.

and as for an ipod I don't have one, but Im hoping to get one for christmas.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Unless an iPod can out do my Axim X50v, I ain't getting one.

-Can watch a movie encoded in DV format (DV = 25Mbps) at 30fps.
-DivX (TCPMP alone rolled every single handheld video player over)
-Window Explorer style streaming from PC.
-Acts as a remote
-Takes note in class
-Go online
-Play OpenGL games
-Draw
-write

Apostle O

Reaction score
I had a cheap little 512 MB MP3 player. Cost about $100. I thought I would get an iPod Nano when it came out because I don't have any videos I would want to watch (at least I didn't at the time. As of late I have gained a few that I wouldn't mind having on trips) and I didn't need 6000000GB of songs[/exageration]. I liked how the Nanos are compact and still have a decent capacity. Then I saw the price. I was thinking, "Oh my god, how can they get away with charging twice as much as other MP3 players. It must be the whole name-brand mainstream crap. You pay for the logo. Goddamn them."

Well, eventually, my Mp3 player sustained some serious static trauma; my jacket that I wear for half the year can create enough static to cause a visible spark from your fingertips if you take it off. I was listening to my music, and took my jacket off. I heared a crackle in the earbuds, and it hurt my ears. I stopped, pulled the player out of the pocket, and saw that it had frozen. I couldn't turn it off, or anything. I pull out the battery and put it back in. Everything is fine, except the display. Somehow, the display now wouldn't show the title of the song, the artist, or anything like that. I had my time, my volume, and the useless little extras that tell me the levels and such. So, now I can't even go into the menu to find specific songs, I have to skip song by song until I hear the first note of what I am looking for. On top of that, I have no way of sorting them when I put it on the device, since it didn't support playlists.

After a while, the sound starts to go. It drops out of one of the ears unless I am holding the sound jack in a very specific way. After a while of that, it drops entirely. So, now, I am left with one ear of crappy, snowy sound. That is when Craigslist came into play.

I found a local guy with a 2gb black iPod Nano for $130. At the time, it was a steal. I snatched it up, hoping to find out what all the buzz was about the iPod. First thing I notice: it does look nice. That is, it looks nice at first. They scratch up so easily, but that is just cosmetic. Next, I realized that I had to use iTunes to upload my music. Damn you, Apple. So, after I get past that, I realize that the little wheel thing that people complain about is genius. The only reason for you to not like it is either you are old and fear change, or you are trying to act like a rebel and stand out. In all reality, it is the best interface I have ever seen on a portable music device. The overall design of the nano is superb. Small size, easy interface, respectable capacity, and excellent sound (thanks to the customized equalizers you can set for each song.) I too have dropped the nano, and at the time I thought it was all over.
Wrong. These things are like ants: too small and powerful to break. They scratch very easily, but nothing to the point that I actually care. Oh, and the smudges. Bah! After the first week, I gave up on keeping it clean.

Overall, if you don't own an iPod, either you don't like music, you don't have the money, or you don't know good design when it smacks you in the face.

EDIT: I am speaking only for music, not video or any other features like that. Also, I can't speak for the larger iPods, or the shitty little iPoid shuffles.

-Apostle O

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
My dad got a Jukebox. It was $200. It has like 200GB!
I got a 512MB MP3 Player. I plugged it into a computer. It wouldn't work. I accidentally dropped it. Its screen broke. I need a new one :(
(Dam Warranties)

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
I also liek the iPod because it is marketed so damn well, you gotta give them credit. They have all these accesories and software that only works with their iPod, and that are really cool. I own a iPod dock7

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
>Overall, if you don't own an iPod, either you don't like music, you don't have
>the money, or you don't know good design when it smacks you in the face.

I don't own an iPod, that's because an iPod is nowhere near in usefulness as my Axim or the ease of use of my MuVo TX FM, and both can do USB MASS STORAGE, which is a deal maker/breaker for me (go go transferring a song in 20 seconds -- opening the USB drive, drag and drop).

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
kc102 said:
My dad got a Jukebox. It was $200. It has like 200GB!
I got a 512MB MP3 Player. I plugged it into a computer. It wouldn't work. I accidentally dropped it. Its screen broke. I need a new one :(
(Dam Warranties)

Jukebox, as in the machine?

I have one of those. :D

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
i have an Ipod nano black
btw if u dont want ipod (ipod and itune are born to be together :D) quote from installin itune
have this iriver mp4
in a shop near us it cost around $250 aus and ipod cost $299
the mp4 is 8GB many games, video, radio and the best feature A REMOTE CONTROL
although i like ipod better :D

btw Seth my friend said that if u take off the screen it looks mad :D i never tried it before (i wouldnt do it)

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Ipods are crap. I have a Creative Zen Microphoto, 8GB. And it only set me back £145, compared to an ipod of the same price, which only has 2GB.

Not only that, but it also has USB Mass storage.
And my friend's Ipod takes an hour to copy an Album via Itunes. It takes me just 10 seconds to sync an Album to my Zen through Windows Media Player.

And it has a photo viewer on it. And an FM radio, with 40 pre-set channels on it. And an OLED screen, which doesn't flicker when you look at it from a different angle.

This is the Creative Zen. The one I have, incidently.

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
>>And it only set me back £145, compared to an ipod of the same price, which only has 2GB.

A 2GB iPod nano is not 145£, its more like 145$

>>And my friend's Ipod takes an hour to copy an Album via Itunes.

Your friend is exagerating. To copy a 10 minute song onto my iPod, it takes roughly 3 seconds on a 2.0 USB port.

>>And it has a photo viewer on it.

iPod nano does too?

>>And an FM radio, with 40 pre-set channels on it.

You can buy a FM / AM tuner for an extremly low price. (although you dont get 40 preset chanels :( )

Anyway in my opinion the Creative Zen is a poorly produced knock off of the iPod. It may have some features that are better, but im sure the iPod has many more features that are better than the Zen's.

p.s. im not trying to slam your player, but its just my opinion.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.