iPod is kinda recognized by my computer, but not fully

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
So I plug in my iPod and it starts charging, says the whole "Do Not Disconnect" deal, so I thought I would check the "My Computer" folder, I did, nothing there.... So I unplugged it and realized the "K:\" drive appears when I UNPLUG my ipod, when I plug it in, it vanishes again... I tried clicking it to open it and it just vanishes, I tried going to run and typing in "K:\" but it says that it can't run it.

Also I was messing around and when I plug in my ipod with itunes open, itunes freezes shortly afterward, so I tried plugging it in then opening itunes, but then itunes won't open no matter what you do until you unplug the ipod then it opens right up.

Also when I go to safely remove devices it shows up there as an "Apple iPod USB Device".

This all started the other day, I went to use my ipod and it said to restore it for no reason out of the blue, so I did and itunes froze so I closed it and tried to re open it and it wouldn't work then all this happened.

Also I blew into the USB and the ipod port to clean it out, I tried every USB port on my comp and I also tried a different cord, and a whole different computer, same stuff happens.

So does anyone know what to do?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
its a problem with your IPOD. Check to see if anything is damaged, if it is. go to an apple genius

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What kind of Ipod is it?

If it's anything but a touch/iPhone I think there is a win amp plug-in you can try.

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Its the old 30GB iPod Classic, I was just wondering if it would be better to buy a new one with more gigs instead of sending this one to a place to have it fixed, because if they fix the software i'll have them add a new battery, it only lasts like 3 hours fully charged....

Nothing is damaged on it, I've kept it in good condition, probabaly only ever dropped it twice in the years i've had it, I was listening to it one night, shut it off went to sleep, got up the next morning and turned it on and it said I had to restore it : /

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Nothing is damaged on it, I've kept it in good condition, probabaly only ever dropped it twice in the years i've had it, I was listening to it one night, shut it off went to sleep, got up the next morning and turned it on and it said I had to restore it : /

Those harddrives fail at the most random times. And they actually start working again at the most random times.

I've had a classic iPod myself, and then about 5 others donated to me by friends who "broke" them. I removed the hard drives which were the "broken" part, put them into my old iRiver MP3 player which I use as an external hard drive and they started working again, even in the iPod themselves. Strange stuff.

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Your right, it I barrowed my friends ipod and messed around with them both plugged into my comp, all of the sudden mine started working again, IDK if it was because I had them both in or what but its fixed now :)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.