World Iranian female ninjas suing Reuters over report: state TV

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The Iranian government today revoked press credentials for Reuters staff in Tehran after a group of Iranian female martial artists protested a Reuters report that described them as "assassins."

The Iranian women vowed to sue Reuters for defamation over the incident, Iran's state television reported on Wednesday.

Reuters today said it had corrected the story's original headline, which said, "Thousands of female Ninjas train as Iran's assassins" to read "Three thousand women Ninjas train in Iran."

That was not sufficient for Iranian authorities, however, who today demanded that Reuters' 11-person staff return their press cards. The only Reuters report currently available seems to be a slideshow. It was not clear whether any other report accompanied the photos.

---------------------------
Reporter who started the story was lucky to get the hell out when he did. That was a dumbass thing to do on his part as well as very dangerous.

Last edited:

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I read "Iranian female ninjas" and couldn't go on, as I had collapsed in a fit of laughter :p

I subsequently did gather myself together enough to read the article, and concluded that once again, the Iranians need to lighten up.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Iran takes their assassin's very seriously.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.