Is it a Scam?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Greetings,

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard's EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here:
WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement
and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:
WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.
In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.

To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:
http://www.battle.net/account/support/login-support.xml

Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,

Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment

I got this email.

It leads to this site.

Is it a scam?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most likely, yes.
The site doesn't even display properly (for me anyway).

And, how would providing your password determine whether or not the account is being sold or traded? :rolleyes:

Edit: Click.
Phishing emails will ask you for password or login information. Blizzard Entertainment emails will never ask for this kind of information.

GenDeath

Reaction score
I know for a fact it is because, it was sent to my email account that does not have a linked blizzard accoutn so. . ..

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
The link is legitimate, though. I can go to Battle.net myself and reach the very page.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
It is a scam. Delete it. Blizzard will never have issues accessing your account and if they did they would post on their website notifying the people.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Ah I didn't see that link there on the bottom. Yes, scam.

Especially since that bottom one is wowaccounmanagement...

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Is a scam.

A good thing to test is just forwarding the mail back to them and seeing what happens.

If you get an instant response saying "Dont respond to this mail." then your dealing with a system thats probably setup by pros. Its a good way to get more information about who you are dealing with.

If you get a custom written email 5 hours later, its some internet fart trying to scam people.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They could have at least chosen a better domain to use :p

[noparse]http://www.wowaccounmanagement-worldofwarcraft-battle.net/[/noparse]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.