Is there in possibilty making your own skill

micolord

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Is there any possibilty making your own skill

with out a trigger, like the skills Blizzard did? You know like Thunder Bolt and much much more skills, if yes can you please tell me the tool to be use :)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can make abilities to a certain extent using the object editor, but you can only edit pre-existing abilities because Blizzard ones are hard coded into the game.

micolord

Reaction score
Do you know what kind of tool IceFrog and Blizzard used to make their own costume skills?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They make the abilities with triggers.

micolord

Reaction score
No they used a tool, like Blizzard did making spells like Critical Strike and much more.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
So ask IceFrog?

If IceFrog did actually use a 3rd party program to write the code for DotA, I think he would have to rewrite a lot of source code for Wc3 in order to input it into the map, or convert it into Jass and then put it into the map. However he did it, it takes extensive programming knowledge. Something you don't have.

Solution?

You can do everything IceFrog does in DotA simply using the tools that are already a part of the World Editor. Object Editor and Trigger Editor. There you go. You have everything you need. Go at it!

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Listen buddy. @Tommerbob No he didn't.

@micolord No, he didn't. He simply wrote each spell. They're customizable in triggers, and in the object editor.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Haha. I just hate when people are ignorant like this guy. I mean its right there in front of him. New Ability. New Trigger
All he has to do is look and he'll notice that you CAN trigger spells. Not to mention the fact that its pretty close to impossible for someone to make his own coding just to code spells.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Indeed. Even if DotA spells seem professional enough to appear hard coded into the game, they are simply not. They are just very well coded.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.