Issue Order on a Cliff

junicobakura

Reaction score
Apparently , when you try to make a Dummy(Caster) to cast a Point Spell on a Cliff , or at least within a small range of a cliff , it wouldn't cast the spell at all.

is there anyway to fix this?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Can you be more specific on which ability you are trying to cast? It might have something to do with line of sight or the dummy unit's sight radius.

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
can the dummy reach the point? maybe the cast range is low and the dummy can't reach it.

junicobakura

Reaction score
It's a Stampede based ability

Cast Range is 9999.

and by Point on the Cliff , i meant somewhere at the Edge of the Cliff

keychup

Reaction score
I ran into this same problem a long time ago.

My solution was to create the flying dummy unit at my position and a ground dummy unit at the target point.

The game automatically positions the ground dummy unit to a walkable path.

Then i set the position of the ground dummy unit as the new casting point for the flying dummy unit.

This way the flying dummy unit can cast at a walkable point of the field.

I also have another solution where i create a flying dummy unit behind the hero. The flying dummy unit will cast its spell on the position of the casting hero. This also works.

The problem usually arises with the spells Shockwave, Carrion Swarm, and Stampede

keychup

Reaction score
I ran into this same problem a long time ago.

My solution was to create the flying dummy unit at my position and a ground dummy unit at the target point.

The game automatically positions the ground dummy unit to a walkable path.

Then i set the position of the ground dummy unit as the new casting point for the flying dummy unit.

This way the flying dummy unit can cast at a walkable point of the field.

I also have another solution where i create a flying dummy unit behind the hero. The flying dummy unit will cast its spell on the position of the casting hero. This also works.

The problem usually arises with the spells Impale, Shockwave, Carrion Swarm, and Stampede

junicobakura

Reaction score
Code:
Gatling Start
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Gomu Gomu:Gatling Gun 
    Actions
        Custom script:   local real x
        Custom script:   local real y
        Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 500.00% of its original speed
        Set TempLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set TempLoc2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set TempLoc3 = (TempLoc offset by 10.00 towards (Angle from TempLoc to TempLoc2) degrees)
        Set TempLoc4 = (TempLoc offset by 500.00 towards (Angle from TempLoc to TempLoc2) degrees)
        Custom script:   set x = GetLocationX(udg_TempLoc4)
        Custom script:   set y = GetLocationY(udg_TempLoc4)
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempLoc facing TempLoc4
        Custom script:   call SaveUnitHandle(udg_GomuGomuGatlingGunHashtable, GetHandleId(GetLastCreatedUnit()), StringHash("master"), GetTriggerUnit())
        Custom script:   call SaveUnitHandle(udg_GomuGomuGatlingGunHashtable, GetHandleId(GetTriggerUnit()), StringHash("pawn"), GetLastCreatedUnit())
        Unit - Add a 6.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Make (Last created unit) Explode on death
        Unit - Add Gomu Gomu:Gatling Gun(Stampede)  to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of Gomu Gomu:Gatling Gun(Stampede)  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Gomu Gomu:Gatling Gun  for (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede TempLoc3
        Custom script:   call SetUnitX(GetLastCreatedUnit(), x)
        Custom script:   call SetUnitY(GetLastCreatedUnit(), y)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc2)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc3)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc4)

tried this and works properly :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.