Issue with a custom spell.

FuzzyMidget

Reaction score
I have a spell that when activated moves the Hero to the position of the targeted unit and damages them. The spell itself works. It creates a dummy unit which then uses the skill.

The problems:

Visually, I want to hero to appear directly behind the targeted unit and I can't seem to figure out how. The custom spell moves my hero like I want it too, just not directly behind the target.

The custom spell screws with my other ones. I took Wind Walk and replicated it and just gave it a new name and icons. It will turn my Hero invisible and make him move faster but when I go to attack something it does what the custom spell is supposed to do and moves my Hero to the targeted unit.

It also messes with a Shadow Strike spell and the game thinks Shadow Strike is the custom spell and also moves my Hero and does everything the custom spell does, not the Shadow Strike spell.

BAkil

Reaction score
You need to learn how to use the Channel ability when creating custom spells. There should be a tutorial on that somewhere.. but I've been having trouble finding it. If anyone else can give us a link on a Channel guide or tutorial it would be great =P

To get the unit behind the target, instead of using Set POINT = Position of (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast) or something, make it Position of (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast) with offest 64 to (Facing Angle of (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast) - 180)

You can find that in the Set POINT = Point with Polar Offset, try to get the same thingy as that. If you need more clarification ask me and I'll send you an exact copy of the function, I just typed that off the top of my head =P

FuzzyMidget

Reaction score
I'm still looking around the tutorial section for the Channel guide but as for the action you suggested it worked quite well. Thank you.

BAkil

Reaction score
Pleasure, happy to help.. Uhmm yeah sorry that I can't pinpoint the channel thing for ya, I'm having trouble finding it too.

roXplosive

Reaction score
Do you want your spell in gui or jass? Because obtaining the end position of your hero should be pretty easy . As i understand you want to get to the enemy's back the position would be solely defined upon the enemy's facing direction .

FuzzyMidget

Reaction score
@roXplosive

Well, I'm still fairly new to the whole editing thing. I used to do it a while back but even then I wasn't great when it came to custom abilities. So which do you think I should use?

@Moridin

Thanks for putting up a link to the channel guide.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.