Item AFXS question.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Okay, I know how to add models to items by adding an aura to them. That's easy. But here's a part I don't understand how to do, or if you can even do it. Is it possible to have, say, six weapons in your inventory without having all the models at once? And then when you click a different weapon to equip it, switch the model that the guy is holding? So techniquely can you equip it and make the model change, and not just have all the items models showing at once?

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
It's simple:
1, Create an instant cast dummy ability with no effect
2, Add them to the items
3, Create a trigger what fires when a unit starts the effect of the dummy ability
4, Create a special effect attached to the unit's hand
5, store it in an effect type variable
6, Don't forget to destroy the old effect!
7, And if you want to make it MPI then use array for the effect variable, or if you want to make it MUI then use some index system

Or you should use some pre-made equipment system... the most system can manage attachments. This is my favourite, or a nice GUI equipment system.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
I don't think i'll use the systems, but i'm very unfamilliar with dummy spells, even something as simple as this. Mind explaining the trigger to me?

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Try this
I decided to use abilities instead of effects, because the old sfx disappeared too slow (took some seconds to disappear.. i don't know why)

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
The old map contains a bug (i forgot to null an integer, so the "system" removed the old sfx, each time you used an item (like potions, etc))

The new map:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.