Item: Spell Reflection Item

Nerfpl

Reaction score
for cooldown you would have to use some value for each unit, which would be either 1 or 0, then timers would be in array and they would only set 1/0. then reflect would check if that integar is 1 or 0 and either go futher or skip rest actions. i know its not much specific, as i said i fail at MUI.

maybe create working single version, then just post it in new thread asking for help to make this MUI ;p some brains will probably remake it

Ouguiya

Reaction score
I found the answer!

The hint you gave me with 1 or 0 gave me the idea.

The function now simply uses the custom value of a unit, and sets it to a specific value, waits a certain time, and then resets it to an original value. The trigger will only be run if the unit has this specific custom value.

Note: I also know that Waits are very very dangerous when trying to make MUI spells, but I only use event response functions, so I think it's still MUI (at least I hope so.)

Thanks again for all your help from all you guys. The post can now be considered solved.

Yours,

Ouguiya

Nerfpl

Reaction score
i thought about custom value but i know its used very often by alot of systems thats why i didnt offer that

eXirrah

Reaction score
If you don't wanna use custom points then just after mirroring a spell add some dummy spell to the unit like Item Agility Bonus + 0. This spell will add 0 agility to the unit(the spell has no icon and actually adds nothing which makes it impossible to detect by the player)

Make the trigger remove the spell from the target after cooldown of amu seconds and check if the player has this spell every time you wish to mirror some enemy spell.

Something like that. Ofc if you have items that will increace the agility then change the spell to another one, but I think the item bonuses stack and you can have both Item agility bonus + 15 and Item agility + 0 for example.

Nerfpl

Reaction score
they stack althou i would use other ability. there can be problem with wrong detecting (like from item)

smart idea btw. will come handy sometimes

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Hi there!

Thanks for that suggestion. The idea is good, however, could you maybe tell me how I would go about of adding a buff with a trigger? I have searched, but couldn't find a function which simply adds a trigger, and using a spell (like cripple) as a base to add a specific buff did not work either.

Thanks!

Yours,

Ouguiya

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
if you want the buff to be added when you pick up the item you will need a dummy caster to use a spell on the hero who aquired the item because you cant add buffs with triggers alone.

so make a custom spell based on cripple or slow or something
change the buff to the reflect one
trigger so when a unit acquires the item a dummy caster buffs them

idk how to get rid of reflect if they drop the item
i dont have WE in front of me to check

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Well, the funny thing is that removing a buff is easy as hell, but adding it is really problematic.

My initial idea was to use the buff like eXirrah explained: Add it when the cooldown begins, and remove it when the cooldown ends.

The advantage with this is that it is easy to check if a unit has a specific buff. The only thing which is really bad is that you have to create a unit to cast it...

Well, thank you for your time anyway, I guess I will have to create 2 units now for this trigger. I dearly hope it doesn't come down to more.

Thanks.

Yours,

Ouguiya

eXirrah

Reaction score
I didn't said anything about buff....

Just create some dummy spell based on Item Agility Bonus and set the agility bonus to 0.
The player won't notice the presence of the spell cause it won't say that you have +0 bonus agility.
And there is no way you can pick the wrong spell. Every spell has it's unique integer number.

For example if you have item that gives you +15 agility and this spell they will have different spell numbers and probably different names in WE. The firest will be probably called Item Agility Bonus (+15) and the custom you make of it will be called for example Dummy Spell Mirror CD. If you check if the unit's Dummy Spell Mirror CD spell level is equal to 1, it will check this specific spell if it is level 1 or not and not the Item Agility Bonus (+15).
These spells has no icon or buff, which makes them perfect for just checking some bool condition.

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Yes, yes, I understood that. What I did not understand was how to check if a unit has an ability, which is why I assumed that you might have meant a buff.

Could you maybe tell me the condition used to check if the unit has the ability?

Thanks.

Yours,

Ouguiya

Nerfpl

Reaction score
i think you cant (didnt found) but you can use integer check. (level of ability for unit grater/less then 1/0) maybe use level 1,2 instead because theres no level 0 (dont know if 0 is when theres no ability. would have to run few tests

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Okay, I just wanted to say that I found the answer, when re-reading eXirrah's replies.

Thanks again for all your help!

Now, this should be really completely finished!

Bye bye for now, and cu later...

Yours,

Ouguiya

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.