Jass Newgen for Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Just wondering if it exist for Mac yet.
I've just changed to a Mac however I do love Newgen, if needed I can use my Windows XP on here I just would prefer not to.

And I dont want Anti-Mac Fan boys please, I want to know if there is a way around using windows as i have more software on the mac and it's an arse to switch between them both.

Thanks in Advance to anyone who can help :3

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
It is possible to boot Windows on your Mac, however you have bought a Mac, deal with the consequences of incompatibility to almost everything.

Personally I think it will never be for a mac, since 95% of all mappers uses Windows, and since NewGen was build for Windows from start, its hard to change the code and after that compile the code so its executeable on Linux or Mac.

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
As previously mentioned I don't care if you dislike Mac as you obviously can't read I'll explain it in more simple words.

You didn't answer my question.

Also FYI

It's not that hard mate to recode for Mac etc mate it's more of issue of demand to make it worth doing.

I have a Mac with windows dual boot so telling me it's possible it irrelevant.

"incompatibility to almost everything" Warcraft 3 has always been supported for mac hence why i bother to ask.

"since 95% of all mappers uses Windows" and you got your figures from where? there are alternatives for mac I just prefer NewGen it's called support.:thup:

Please please learn to give relevant information just because you don't know or like does not give you the right to mislead and annoy people.

Darius34

Reaction score
The NewGen WE won't work on Mac at the moment, and I've never heard of any plans to make it compatible. Maybe you could try running JassHelper (the program that preprocesses the map script) from command line? I recall people having problems with it, but it might work for you.

I don't own a Mac, so I can't really help much.

Daicos

Reaction score
I own a mac and work on it... but im not sure...

Off Topic: I LOVE MAC's Screw all who say they are crap!

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Vexorian is not planning on making NewGen for Mac.

You can use Wine (Vexorian uses this, I believe).

And: Don't ask a question then be an ass about it when someone doesn't give you a straight-line answer. While Themis's answer does curve a bit, it answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.