Just a rare WE question topic...

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
'Kay... New question is up..

Oh and Doom please give me YOUR answer...

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Would you have learned Jass before GUI if you could've?
definately. jass is so fucken hard for me to learn right now, and the fact that i read that jass is like 20x easier to learn if u didnt kno gui just pisses me off. the fact that i spent a month learning gui w/o any knowledge of jass just aggrivates me. WHERE WAS ANY1 TO TELL ME THIS!? >=\
I dont know jass at all but from what i read....

Septimus

Reaction score

Yes, cause JASS pawn GUI in every aspect.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
oh forgot about that one my answer is:
5) i guess i would do that but from the other hand i still find GUI useful for testing things and other stuff i know only in GUI which helps me work sometimes with Jass (unlike Jass GUI has description for it's functions)
so i guess i would stay with the GUI first

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
1: Have any of you modded your WE yourself?

-Personal Answer: I have... I've optimized most GUI functions and even modded the core functions to make converting to custom text look more Jass friendly, and even added in alot of JASS fucntions in GUI form.

-Your responses:
Samael88: I am not that good at that,and actually never thought of doing so either. I just don't see the point when JASS is available.Not with modding the GUI atleast. ;
Dannyboydude: No i personaly dont intend to , i find it just as efficent as it is. ;
Esb: Haven't modded my WE at all, since I haven't found the need to. ;
Doom-Angel: What do mean by modded? Oh, Then no. <--- Lol'd at this.
Flare: Same reason as esb, I've never had a reason to modify it. (and never will) ;
ReVolver: Yes I've modded WE, I contributed to EGUI by making (EGUI - Recipe) ; <-- Nice.
PureOwnage: No but I've tried to. I use EGUI though... ;

2: Do you find trouble in using JASS? OR even more rare, do you find trouble in using GUI?

-Personal Answer: I find no trouble in using both... Yet, Gui for me is a but confusing, and at times JASS coding gets a bit boring...

-Your responses:
Samael88: I have never had much trouble with neither of them. The only thing if there is any is that I find it harder to make triggers MUI with GUI than it is when using JASS. ;
Omg me learning jass. Well ive learning a tiny bit about it. I made my own jass spell, but I find jass realy hard to learn. It's so complicated for me, but I've never used any other programming languages. ;
Esb: I haven't found the need to use JASS. I do use however the systems out there (Such as Vexorian's Hero Selection, AceHart's Save/Load, and a few others here and there) and can edit them with somewhat ease. No, I haven't done custom abilities so that might be why I don't need/use JASS. Another reason would be that I'm 'lazy' to learn jass at times xD. ;
Doom-Angel: Sometimes yes but it's kinda challenging, so i like it. While using GUI can get quite boring and annoying especially after u get used to Jass. ;
Flare: No, and no - I haven't used GUI for anything significant in a while, but I remember most of it.
ReVolver: No, GUI was simple for me since the start, JASS was troublesome for a while until someone explained it to me on MSN. ;
PureOwnage: GUI is pretty easy. Just can't do any MUI stuff. Jass is a no. The only thing I know how to do is destroying variables. Example: call DestroyGroup (udg_grouphere) ;

3: Do any of you own UMSWE, NewGen, WEU, or something or other?

-Personal Answer: I actually own all of these... I even have Vexorians Local Handle Vars add-in.

-Your responses:
TechAichSee: I use newgen, if that counts for anything. ;
Samael88: I think that newgen is a great program that deserves credits for what it has brought to wc3. But I never used it, can't really see the point of using structs and scopes and so on.. ;
Danndyboydude: I start by modding the tilesets in WEU, and then start a bit of mapping in NewGen. Because i occasionaly just create a trigger, I just write down what i know about jass. (Not sure if I made this in perfect english...) ;
Esb: I use the default World Editor. <--- He was blunt, yes? ;
Doom-Angel: I have them all, but i like using the original WE. I rarely use them only in case of need ;
Flare: NewGen. ;
ReVolver: I use NewGen WE.
PureOwnage: NewGen FTW! ;

4: Have you ever made/edited/improved a map?

-Personal Answer: I've Derigged and improved Angel Arena Eclipse. I did version v1.06 through v1.27. Shortly after Chef-nightmare, the original creator, worked off my version, so this made me happy.

-Your Responses:
PureOwnage: You should know Ren, we're working on Opposition TD. Failures: FPS Remix ;
Flare: Haven't made, edited, or improved a map, based on what I interpret those terms to mean, but I have contributed to a few. ;
Doom-Angel: When i started at the very begginning i remember i edited a "Run kitty run" map and I had turned it into "Run Spider run" .
I've had some projects I worked on, but most of them i need finished due to certain reasons.

User-Submitted Questions:

Doom-Angel: Q: (This is a hypothetical question)

-Personal Answer: Umm.. This is exactly what I did... I didn't even know GUI existed till a friend showed me it... Kinda funny...

-Asker's Response: He/she hasn't specified it.

-Your responses: None yet, please reply!

More will be coming.. Please reply!
1 Nope, I am still learning JASS, an attemp like this will end with a BOOM
2 It will sound stupid , but i don't know how to use variables verry good and I don't know when a trigger needs another trigger
3Nope, I am happy with the standart WE
4 Ones who ROCK: Lost temple: Carrnige Edition;Mur'gul oassis-Taktical edition;Turtle Rock:The war between Faust and Mephisto;(those are mele maps That I modifyied, i added new heroes, items bosses or creeps)
ones who s*ck:Footman-Naga edition;Blue Rose;Dreadlord Bash Wars;Ghoul Wars:Flag of Doom(this really S*cked)

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Would you have learned JASS before GUI if you could've?
You either start with GUI when you begin playing with the editor or you already know JASS(sort of) - its a simple enough language, nothing all too specific, so if you have previous knowledge the jump wont be big.
JASS ain't the best language to start learning the stuff - there are others out there that will get you off the ground easier.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
@1

Yes, but stopped quite quick because there weren't any need of it. JASS is fine to me.

@2

No and no. Never had hard with anything, always learned from tutorials the first time I read them, had no need to read them again. I probably learned so fast because I also can code in HTML.

@3

NewGen. JASS would be pointless without.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Sorry for not updating the topic. Was kind of asleep the whole time. -_-

Edit: 'Kay, up to date.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.