Just How Stupid Is the US Govt?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
7 million dollars could have been better spent to fight ACTUAL terrorism.

Rofl, that is so true.

They attack games; I'm not trying to defend them, but it's ridiculous some of the weird statistics we get and how many times they try to connect something with a video game. It's one of the biggest industries that supports the U.S. economy, get over it.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
> connect something with a video game

Ridiculous indeed.
We all know what you really use your "game" systems for:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/christian-group-preps-to-attack-wii-239994.php

<3 <3 <3 :p <3 <3 <3 <3

You know us so well.

Disregarding this "Theory" *:D :D :D *, I find it even funnier that some random gamer take about 1 day to counter every one of there "Facts".

P.S some one should make a thread on that article Ace just posted. I have a few things to say against it.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Why don't you make a thread on it? This is General Discussion and you can post new threads here.

P

Peanuthead

Donating money to the poor will never solve anything, it’s not that simple. Money + Poor does not = No Poor, it equals Poor with Money. Capitalism needs the poor, there will always be poor. No amount of money will ever save Africa, they need to fix it with their own will, or let things get so bad the only way to go is up. And well the communists... may god be with them.

The US government spending 7 million on this is not a waste; its helping the government opens their eyes to such things and understand it as they obviously didn't before. The next one will cost half that, and the next less, and etc. Not that I agree with the politicians, I just don't agree with insulting the government for little details that gamer's understand and higher-ups don't.

Would you like to be called total retards for not understanding everything politicians do? Well don't call the politicians stupid for not understanding gaming, most gamers are not involved with anything (besides gaming/related) anyway so how would they know? Let’s not forget the internet is basically only ten years old (widely used/known about anyway).

The kid made it to mock a terrorist advertisement, and any non-gamer would probaly see it as the real deal.

Corleone

Reaction score
Would you like to be called total retards for not understanding everything politicians do? Well don't call the politicians stupid for not understanding gaming,

Erm,
1) Politicians call gamers terrorists, because of something they don't get.
2) Gamers don't call politician terrorists, when they don't get something...

So basicly, politicians are always anti-gaming, but gamers aren't anti-politicians.

P

Peanuthead

Where did they call gamers terrorists? I didn't see a "people who play video games are terrorists" in that video at all.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The government hired these people as so called "Experts" because they realized that they (the congress) could not evaluate this. Then when the so called "Experts" were called on it they tried to defend it. Our government needs to get smarter and unfortunately we elected all these dimwits anyway so it is really our fault. Personally I cannot wait until that generation finally falls out of office and mine steps in (I am 38) because we are just a little bit more in touch with stuff like that, I hope. My dad is in that generation but at least he is smart enough to come to me if he needs to know something about Games.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> I cannot wait until that generation finally falls out of office and mine steps in

Wishful thinking.
You do not step into office with "we change it all".

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
AceHart said:
Wishful thinking.
You do not step into office with "we change it all".

Indeed. And matter-of-factly, one always gets caught up with the rub, to the point where change becomes as rare as Britney Spears does something smart.

But I would vote for TH if he ran for a political scene. Middle class ftw :p

AceHart

Reaction score
> I would vote for TH if he ran for a political scene

Unfortunately, we do not have enough members (with vast amounts of money) to actually make a difference...

A

Aero

So let me get this straight. It's okay for the department of defense to freely distribute a first person shooter (America's Army) that encourages enlistment and, in a sense, makes death and killing seem not so bad. But having the ability to play as an arab soldier, oh no! Jihad! Terrorists!

What a bunch of boners.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Having "no power" is no excuse. Or rather, it is, but it's just that - an excuse.

$30 - $50 for a video game can just as easily go to support one of the many causes all over the world. You have as much power as everyone else in the world; you just don't want to admit that you waste money on video games. :p

lol you think we waste money on games then you have to hear this
Just few days ago i learned in Geography that in England people spend 2 times the whole income of a country(Ecaudor) on ice-cream now what you called that. And then how many ppl in the world spend money on ice-cream.
Also you think those kinda organisation really give money to the poors? We also find out on Geo that every like 10pounds you give to the organisation the goverment make 9 is gone to pay they debt and only 1 goes to the actually place...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
lol

If they spent 7 million, it's for something, but if they still being confused...

I found it furtherly hilarious that EA looked at the video and SAID, STATED and basically MADE A POINT OF "Uhh... America? That's our game. That's not a terrroist's anything... We made that option" and then the whoever people still had the nerve/balls to say completely the opposite. Government seems to get to simply make up facts, despite what everyone else says to the contrary.

Having "no power" is no excuse. Or rather, it is, but it's just that - an excuse.

$30 - $50 for a video game can just as easily go to support one of the many causes all over the world. You have as much power as everyone else in the world; you just don't want to admit that you waste money on video games. :p

PFT! Spend my hard earned money on someone else? Why?

/sarcasm

Seriously, though, you really wanna point fingers about people not wanting to admit this or that? You donate tons of money, Plad? Where's your allowance/income go?

Don't take this to mean I'm passing blame onto you. Just sharin' the shame with everyone ^.^

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I have come to know that people are selfish. Me,You, your little girlfriend sitting next to you asking you to take her on a real date with nice dim candles, a nice walk in the park, and ice cream. While you stare in her eyes and tell her how beautiful she is. Man I need a girlfriend.

Back on a topic. People will always do selfish things. We can't change this because there will always be selfish people. Even if TheHelper or someone like him became president people will do selfish things. But the moral is help people out when you can. Small or big it doesn't matter just help out someway. I even find that helping people help other people helping. But right now because some of us are little kids we should do it on a small level. Like help people with stuff that doesn't really help the world and stuff but helps people to get them in the habit of helping. Too bad there isn't some site or forum that can help people help people so they might get in the habit of helping people. Yeah like some guy should make a site made for helping people.

K

kitty

"how stupid is the US goverment?"

how about very. :p
this age [in america] is no doubt going to
be looked back on with alot of laughing..
and that the current president of the US
will be called the dumbest one.. ever.
greed is a horrible thing.

AceHart

Reaction score
> this age [in america] is no doubt going to be looked back on with alot of laughing.

Because you expect the next "age" to be "better"?
There will be different people, at least mostly, but that's about it...

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Actually would the next generation be any better? Now a bunch of companies make products that parents can control what their kids do. That would make them into people that the parents want them to be and because this generation are the parents of the next generation. And because the kides would be what the parents whats then to be like. There might not be much change at all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.