lag issues

windale5

Reaction score
Ok i have fixed my leaks in my game and preloaded all the units, dummies and buildings. What else would cause my map to lag. Do i have to preload items as well??

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
windale5 said:
What else would cause my map to lag.
Does it even lag anymore, or are you just randomly asking us if [/b]your[/b] map lags?

Also, preloading helps, but there's still 325323 + 1 other things that could cause it to lag.

EDIT: Don't post two threads asking basically the same question...

windale5

Reaction score
yeah it does

Yeah it lags. I have a version of my game that i create like a ear ago before i knew about memeory leaks and that 1 does lag at all ppl say but they said this 1 does and some ppl say they can't even play it. I also used leak checker to double check in case i missed some.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Well first of all, you have to identify what kind of lag it is.

Is it constant lag throughout the game, slowly getting worse (usually caused by memory leaks, or simply having tons of objects at once in-game)?

Is it random and sudden delays (usually caused by something that hasn't been preloaded)?

Do you have tons of units/graphical models in your map? Do you have many periodic triggers with very short expiration timers, such as sliding spells or perform a lot of actions?

I'm assuming you have a computer capable of handling all of this.

windale5

Reaction score
it lags

it lags when someone attacks like a 1 sec lagg. i have different kinds of unit and like 6 periodic events

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
if they are 0.01 periodics and they do large amounts of stuff then thats your problem. If people are complaining about the fact that when they order a unit to attack, and it has a 1 second delay, then its not your map at all. it's the fact that people still use crappy connection :D

windale5

Reaction score
i use a lot of periodic event

i use a lot of periodic events but my lowest one which is 0.05 secs is for preload the rest are 0.50 or way higher

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Try and make them run at the highest you can.
Even with 0.50, if you have a lot of them running it could potentially lag (I think) .

windale5

Reaction score
when i tested

when i tested as not being the host the game lagged every couple of secs. like lag for a sec then stop and happened again and then it was fine for 30 secs or so and happened again.

Kelvin87

Reaction score
the periodic event can be used 0.01 without lag also. But, the condition is, you need another trigger to control this periodic trigger, with Flag Boolean. (Boolean Global Variable)

Furthermore, the functional calls that you spam or use in your game sometime can be reduced, when you doing the manually map optimization. The more functional calls performing at the same time, the more potential your map will be getting lagging.

windale5

Reaction score
how u do that

how do u manually optimize and do that kind of trigger post a trigger in code as example plz

windale5

Reaction score
still lag but more info

i fixed all the leaks and I have 8 periodic event times. They are 10,15,15,15,15,8,0.50 secs times in my game. There are 12 users which have a building and units every 8.00 of game time spawn endlessely till their base get destroyed. The people say it lags during game play like every somewhat seconds and continues, but the host never lags and i know i got the best hosting so do my friends. It's not leaks for sure and everything is preloaded that i know of except items. Also i'm assuming periodic events mean every second of game time not time eplase trigger events. Any solutions guys

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Please do not [del]double[/del] triple post.
Periodic events are different the elapsed time.

Hosts don't (usually) feel the lag anyways, so hosting doesn't matter.
It could be leaks still though.
Does the lag start right away, or halfway into the game, etc?

windale5

Reaction score
starts at start

it starts of easy but gets worse later on. More people complain later. Also i sent it to you since ur the pro

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.