LoL League of Legends anyone play?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Icyculyr, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Icyculyr

Icyculyr I'm a Mac

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I've been playing LoL, its pretty awesome. Does anyone else play it?

2. DDRtists

DDRtists ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns Staff Member

Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    I've tried it, and I'm not too fond of it. Concepts cool and the players are way nicer than in DotA, but it's way overpowered with many of the classes. Most of the OP classes being donation classes, pretty much whoever donates always wins against regular players if they know how to use their class, pretty lame.

Also, moving this to games discussion.

3. 13lade619

13lade619 is now a game developer :)

Ratings:
    +399 / 0 / -0
    yeah, the community is way nicer.

i play, but will be banned soon (or i hope not) 'cause of the whole SEA thing.

--> BladeMeister (lvl 28)

i'm a free player.. but i own Shaco, Kassadin, Pantheon and Tryndamere.

4. Renendaru

Renendaru (Evol)ution is nothing without love.

Ratings:
    +309 / 0 / -0
    Ummm... The only thing you would "donate" for is skins and bundles. Champions can be bought free from just playing the game.

5. ZugZugZealot

ZugZugZealot New Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I have Alistar, Amumu, Ashe, Blitzcrank, Master Yi, Morgana, Rammus, Ryze, Shaco, Sivir, Soraka, Twisted Fate, Zilean, and Corki. Corki was a gift character if you've had an account since a certain time, UFO skin came with it.

Level 30, and almost a full book of tier 3 runes (for caster and physical/non-specific)

I haven't spent a single penny on it. -_-

Explaining the process... You play for IP. Playing a practice game will get you 51 IP per round. You can only earn IP from a practice game three times in a day. For normal games, losing will get you 60-70 IP, winning will get you 100ish IP. You can use IP to buy/unlock champions and runes.

The only things that cost Riot points (what you pay for) are skins and boosts (IP/EXP).

6. thewrongvine

thewrongvine The Evolved Panda Commandant Staff Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 1 / -0
    I played it.
    It's okay... way too easy, most of the players are bad. People are nicer there, but they're not really gamers, ha.
    It has some cool ideas, I like the talents and champion spells, but it's too simple, especially the players.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

7. Renendaru

Ratings:
    +309 / 0 / -0
    You played at the low low low-elo. Once you get about 200 wins and about 100 losses, you get to mid elo. Once you get to mid elo it gets really fun, since that's where extreme teamwork comes into play.

8. Icyculyr

Icyculyr I'm a Mac

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'm about level 10, I like Mundo and Gangplank. I generally use Mundo atm and I am saving for Gangplank.

9. ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin Post in the anime section, or die.

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    i played it.

The movement screen is so much different from wc3. With wc3, i became adept at just flicking my finger to the edge of the trackpad and it moved my screen, i cant do that with LoL, its too hard to move the screen around with a trackpad, if i try to flick my finger again itlll just go about 3/4ths of the screen

10. thewrongvine

thewrongvine The Evolved Panda Commandant Staff Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 1 / -0
    The game's too nice for me, lol.
    When I'm bored of everything I go on once in awhile, but it's nothing spectacular.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

11. ZugZugZealot

ZugZugZealot New Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    There's certainly a difference in champion viability for climbing ELO.

Low ELO, it's all like. YEAH! Master Yi! I kill your entire team! Get higher in ELO, stun, stun, snare, stun; Master Yi is f-ing useless.

This happens in reverse with Alistar. Raww! I'm going to tank and initiate hell yeah... Only my team isn't f-ing moving with me. In higher ELO, you get generally get higher ELO teammates, though matchmaking here and there decides you deserve to lose for no apparent reason. Anyways, he's great when in a team that can take a fast victory.

12. 13lade619

Ratings:
    +399 / 0 / -0
    and high ELO plays usually first start with lvl 1 skirmishes.. with that drawing first blood.

13. Renendaru

Ratings:
    +309 / 0 / -0
    Let's see... I'm coming up to high elo soon and what generally happens is that both sides pick alot of CC (Crowd control: ie, stuns, snares, slows) and focus on having a tank or carry. People will usually rush bushes with someone from mid to get first blood then optionally push to take a quick tower, but usually mid trucks it back. Mid generally consists of the carry, or their best farmer. Good combinations at this elo is probably Morgana and Tristana in the same lane. Morgana snares, then Tristana will Rocket jump on you or finish with basic attack or her ult.

14. Razalgrim

Razalgrim New Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I played this and liked it. Messed something up and had to reinstall it, but I kept putting it off.

I love the customization part of the game, plus the champion rotations keep things fresh. I miss my Jax, though. :(

Also, would anyone care to elaborate on this SEA issue? I don't want to reinstall it if I can't play it anymore.

15. 13lade619

Ratings:
    +399 / 0 / -0
    basically, they made a deal with some SEA company.

the COMPANY (not Riot), i think asked that SEA players be IP Banned from NA LoL..
    so the company set an IP RANGE for banning.

BUT there are reports (and I am one of them) of some SEA Players' IP that escaped the ban.

16. Razalgrim

Razalgrim New Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    That sucks. Quite frankly, I hate playing with other Asians. Well, not in general, but if you've played, I dunno, Maple Story SEA or some local MMO here in the Philippines or something, you'll see what I mean.

Ah well.

Though... I haven't any received mail from Riot yet. I guess there's hope. :eek:

17. Bronxernijn

Bronxernijn You can change this now in User CP.

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I also play League of Legends. I am level 26 now, at around 1:1 win/loss ratio. I recently started playing morgana, a terrific support champion, which also means you rely on your team much :). Since I play solo a lot it depends completely on the team.

I play on the EU servers, summoner name is Bronxo. Add me if you like.

18. 13lade619

Ratings:
    +399 / 0 / -0
    'just played with Mordekaiser...]

all i can say is he's not for low elo play.
    he heavily depends on teammates for snare/cc.. 'cause he aint got one!..

all he does is damage damage damage.
    if your enemy can just stand still. lol.
    yeah, you need really good teammates for him.

19. ZugZugZealot

ZugZugZealot New Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Playing Morgana, I only need like two things from my teammates, be able to dish damage on towers and not feed.

20. ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin Post in the anime section, or die.

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    i have to admit, the people in LoL are a lot nicer, i probably died like 4 times in my first game, and they didnt yell or scream, or anything. In a DotA game i wouldve been kicked T_T