leak check

LightChaosma

Reaction score
can someone do a leak inspection on this trigger?

Trigger:
  • lightning tower
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.15 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tempunitgroup[1] = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Lightning tower 1))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempunitgroup[1] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set temppoint[1] = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set tempunitgroup[2] = (Units within 900.00 of temppoint[1] matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 4) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Set tempunitgroup[3] = (Units within 1200.00 of temppoint[1] matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Picked unit))))
              • Set tempunitgroup[4] = (Units of type Aura Tower)
              • Unit Group - Remove all units of tempunitgroup[4] from tempunitgroup[3]
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from tempunitgroup[3]
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Random unit from tempunitgroup[3])
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_tempunitgroup[3])
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_tempunitgroup[4])
            • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack (Random unit from tempunitgroup[2])
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_tempunitgroup[2])
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temppoint[1])
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_tempunitgroup[1])

i'm pretty sure i got it leakfree, but once i build like 100 of these towers, and a unit of P12 paasses by, my game lags like no other, also afterwards, when the unit has been gone for like a minute....

Lord Regno

Reaction score
I think its leak free. I think its lags because this happening every 0.15 sec and that's is 100 houses the trigger triggers 100 times every 0.15 sec...

LightChaosma

Reaction score
tought so...
but its wierd that the game lags like hell whenever that unit has passed through, the trigger also fires every 0.15 seconds 100x without an enemy, and then i wouldnt lag, thats why i expected somthing leaked when he attacked random unit from unitgoup or so...

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I can't see any leaks in this.

Maybe the bloodlust part? If you order a unit to cast bloodlust every 0.15 seconds...it might lag?

Lord Regno

Reaction score
The thing is that it will cast blood-lust 100 times... if you have 100 towers you sey it lagg. Are it lagging if you have 10 towers?

LightChaosma

Reaction score
it is casting a lot of bloodlust yesd, but the lag is only once an enemy has past, so the leak isnt likely to be in the bloodlust part of the code

P.s. the bloodlust has a Cd of 7.5 seconds, but there is no condition tol check wether a cooldown is done.... afaik

The Undaddy

Creating with the power of rage
Reaction score
Could it be that you are ordering 100 units to attack every 0.15 seconds?

And also you don't check anywhere if the unit you are attacking is alive.

LightChaosma

Reaction score
good point, i'll add that condition, but in this case im sue, since it is the final boss, and a 200 towers (lv1) cant possibly kill it :D

but indeed, the game lags like hell while theyre firing at the mob, and i understand that, but i dont want the game to lag afterwards, a minute later or so

i guess it was leakfree :D after i let that mob run around for another 3 minutes, all of a sudden the lag vanished, as if it had trouble procesing all of that ligthning data :p

luckily every player will be restricked to only have 1 of these in a normal game (A)

thx for checking, +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.