Legal Age of Consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
Ahahah what? I don't see how I deserved any rep there, but thanks. And no, I will not give you rep to make hello kitty proud. In fact I am confused about your gender because you said:
If it was my world I'd have a lot of hot chicks.
But hello kitty is... yeah...

EDIT: Woah, you changed it right after I posted this.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.

I lol'd.

Legal age is 16 where I am. And yes people will have sex before the proper age.

All you have to do is bring them to a nursery or a preschool for one day. Then give them a condom. They'll figure it out :).

WTF.

That is maybe one of the oddest things anyone have ever said here ever.

Yes, because murder is the solution to every problem. Also, we should murder the murderers. Oh, and murder those murderers. Now that humanity is dead, humanity has no problems. Excellent.

Same mentality I have.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
>>Sex doesn't kill.

My point is that you are almost arguing that people should indulge in any animalistic desire they feel. Did you know that if everybody followed the 'absurd' marriage law, we would not be having problems with STDs? Shocking.

If it was my world, I would get rid of the age of consent and enforce that 'absurd' marriage law.

If it was your world, I'd marry women in Vegas, bang them, divorce them and start over. Technically, I'd be following the marriage law.

Sickle

Reaction score
Then you force me to enforce a law limiting the amount of marriages a person can have. Two or three is reasonable.

Sickle

Reaction score
But hey. Look. The problem with STDs and many problems with single parents and teens being left to take care of their children is suddenly near nonexistent.

I think that is most definitely worth boredom.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Enforcing any law reguarding sex, which is notoriously private, would be hard to enforce.

How would a police force go about this with out some soft of minoritiy report type shit?

Sickle

Reaction score
>>Why not just enforce a law requiring safe sex?

One reason is that it is never one hundred percent safe.

Reaction score
One reason is that it is never one hundred percent safe.

If you practice sex safely with partners you trust then the risks are more or less negligible. There is really no good reason to exclude premarital sex altogether.

Enforcing any law reguarding sex, which is notoriously private, would be hard to enforce.

We're working under the assumption that a law to prevent sex outside of marriage can be enforced, too. Obviously no such law could be enforced in real life.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
@Tru_Power22
I was referring to the trouble of raising kids. Not learn sex through assaulting a 4 year old :p

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Age of consent should really go hand-in-hand with whatever age your body is mature enough to deal with the consequences. That would, obviously, make it more up to the female than the male.

For instance, I don't know the actual age, but if the average female body has physically matured enough to safely become inpregnated and give birth at the age of 18, then that should be your age of consent.

Keep in mind, conditioning also includes mental and emotional health. If the average female or even male [dealing with the idea of becoming a father] is not mature enough to deal with the consequences of sex until they're 20, or whatever age it is, then that person should not be able to have sex.

I basically view that if you can handle it, you can have it. If you can't handle what could happen, you're most likely not going to handle having sex safely [not going to think to use condoms, or birth control] and then you're probably going to deal with the consequences [disease or a child] poorly, too.

Anything life can throw at you, you have to be able to handle. If you can't, you should be handling anything necessary to keep yourself out of situations you can't deal with.

I am both physically and financially mature enough to have a child. My mental state would have to mature a good deal, as I don't have any real experience with children, but I don't feel I am beyond reaching that level [mentally]. Thus, I feel I have every right to have sex.

Thus, I do ;) Quite often :D

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I basically view that if you can handle it, you can have it.

While I generally agree with this, drawing a line of who is able to 'handle it' is simply too abstract a concept to make any realistic rule out of. Every male with a manhorn is going to claim to be able to 'handle it'.

I frankly think a lot of people who claim as such in our current circumstances aren't mature enough to make educated decisions in a manner that is evident of self reflexive aware of themselves in relation to others around them. That being said, people will be people and make 'innocent' mistakes.

Which is to say its so subjective. My hopes would be for the future that methods of birth control are more easily accessible, taboo's gradually lifted, integrated into education at a sooner age. Also I have faith that technology will make them more effective.

Same Guy as Above said:
I feel I have every right to have sex.

Thus, I do ;) Quite often :D

Penis-E-penis cross over here. You are a true modernist and one step closer to transhumanism then the rest of us.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
we got fed to "sex education" when we were in grade 6, which the age is roughly 12 or 11, pretty fun it was back then ;)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
While I generally agree with this, drawing a line of who is able to 'handle it' is simply too abstract a concept to make any realistic rule out of. Every male with a manhorn is going to claim to be able to 'handle it'.

You may [or may not] notice in the first paragraph, I did mention that, basing the ability to "handle it" on physical development could then put most of the decision on the physical development of the female.

Unless, of course, we're discussing gay male sex, which complicates things as the only real consequence from this is disease, which I believe no human being really considers themself "ready for", since they never seem to believe it can happen to them.

Ha, that was all one huge sentence :) Go me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.