Legends

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Tried the map with a friend and some strangers.

It turned out rather slow. The creeps at the end made it nearly impossible to push much, since they pretty much dominate the lane on their own. The tower isn't enough to stop them, TBH.

Loads of debug messages appeared. I'll just upload the replay for your convenience (50 minutes)

The game felt really boring and slow, for some reason. Everything was pretty unkillable D:

Attachments

• Legends Scourge.w3g
    876.4 KB · Views: 347

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
It turned out rather slow. The creeps at the end made it nearly impossible to push much, since they pretty much dominate the lane on their own. The tower isn't enough to stop them, TBH.
yeah that's one problem i found. i'll reduce the upgrades then.

The game felt really boring and slow, for some reason. Everything was pretty unkillable D:
Yes i hate to admit but the lack of items make no short term goals for players and made everything not scale up to endgame conditions.

Just got back from testing on Garena.
Here's some of my observations.

Players
1. Players hate downloading large and new maps. I lost like an hour waiting for guys to join up and be interested.
2. Telling them 'It's like DotA' is the only way I found to make them stay when they ask how do you play this game. (Its the cold hard truth. lol.)

Heroes
1. Nobody tested was imba yet, AFAIK.

Gameplay
1. Early to mid game was decent and had the right pacing.
2. Early to mid game, everything scales right. Fast paced battles.
3. Towers were only good before late game where they are easily killable.
4. As Zack said there's a problem where the creeps bunching up and are too strong at the end, I will weaken their upgrades.

Items (or the lack of)
1. Players like to have items. 'nuff said.
2. Lack of items give players no motivation to do anything (short term goal to get better items)
3. Lack of items prevented heroes from scaling up to the late game conditions.

Replays
1. 1v1 was the most I can get... tsk (http://www.thehelper.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37221&d=1278153670)
2. 2v2, good but not good enough! (http://www.thehelper.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37222&d=1278156158)

@Zack.
Marine's OP dominating you 2v1? hehe
Did Shadow Ranger get to level 20?
(I checked and the arrow trigger was not enabled and it would only generate 1 level per press.)
(In the replay she leveled instantly, idk what happened i will check into it.)
You can be support if you choose the right builds though.
Gaining HP way too fast. I will make it slower.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Marine's OP dominating you 2v1?
I blame his ability to permanently knock things into the air. I was being tossed around when I tried to get away from him (mines + knockback into mines D:)

Yep, the Shadow Ranger jumped to level 20. I don't know how, but she just did.

Lifestealing with Spectral Blade = epic. It may need a nerf when items are released (critical strikes xD)

13lade619

Reaction score
I just got an idea for the stat growth. here:

At level 20, 'real' XP will stop but will be replaced with another value equal to XP.
Stat gain will not be conditional but it will be like level-ups
Everytime you get like 2000~ XP you will gain bonuses equal to your stats per level.

so it's like leveling up but level and skill points do not increase,

that should nerf it down a bit.

and yeah, i my replays i never got bugs and glitches happen...

[Note]:

College's tough on me lately... havent got time to work on this.. but maybe later again.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Reminds of my first view screenshots when I saw League of Legends. You seem to implement lot of the systems from there, like the buff placement mobs.

I'd like to help, but I don't have the skills necessary. Not for this kind of map level.

Anyway, here are same ideas that you can use:

- Implement Tower Damage to deal more with each shot

- Tower Aggro needs to be (when Hero is attacked, tower hits attacker ; when Hero and creeps attack tower, Hero is hit last unless he attacks an enemy Hero near tower)

- If an enemy Hero hits an ally Hero near his tower and the tower/creeps deals the finishing blow, kill/gold/exp goes to the Hero that atleast hit/damaged the enemy Hero.

This is how it is in League of Legends atm. And so far, its best. Gives you a whole new perspective of early kills like baiting and pulling enemies to be killed by the tower for your own first blood or good early gold.

I would very much like to see how you made the LoL brush thing. Brushes are something... insanely essential in ganking/ambush purposes. If you want of course :)

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Nice map
But may I ask two questions
First: Can you tell me how you do the custom life and mana bar?
Second: If I am not wrong, the background of your loading page, not the black background, it is the fighting scene background is from WoW isnt it?

FannyShaver

Reaction score
How's that mana thing done?

/idea

Get the tower to switch to Hero if this casts an ability near tower. I find it quite a good idea.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
I think is model...

also sorry but I hate that 'bug' (idk if is bug or not) that creeps move when they come in range of other creeps, they move like drunken and knockback you Oo... just happen creep with creep... creep with hero don't happen that... and really..... this ins't funny :(

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I think is model...

also sorry but I hate that 'bug' (idk if is bug or not) that creeps move when they come in range of other creeps, they move like drunken and knockback you Oo... just happen creep with creep... creep with hero don't happen that... and really..... this ins't funny :(
Its the strafe system. It was intended.

13lade619

Reaction score
Well thanks for having a look at the map at least.
As I said, I'm currently very busy.
Maybe I can get back at this in 2-3 weeks. But still not sure.

Current order of things to be done:

Items
Recoding for the unimplemented buffs. (Dragon, Scorpion)
Implementing the new buff. (Hydra)
Fixing the *rare* bugs.
*Next Next Version*
Cooldown Reducing Items. (I have an idea, but untested)
New Hero/es.

- Tower Aggro needs to be (when Hero is attacked, tower hits attacker ; when Hero and creeps attack tower, Hero is hit last unless he attacks an enemy Hero near tower)
That's currently implemented in the downloadable version.

Attachments

• legends promo6.png
    legends promo6.png
    974.3 KB · Views: 1,065
  • Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    688.1 KB · Views: 374

Parkus

Reaction score
Hey, I liked the map! It's a very good AoS/etc type of game. The models and their spells and the Game Interface are very well put!

One question, though!

The Dranaei Paladin's ability, Storm Hammer, has been kind of a curiosity to me. Can you teach me how to make that ability? I'm kind of a beginner when it comes to map making. :D

13lade619

Reaction score
well, again guys.

Today I just opened the map again after maybe 3 months of inactivity on it.

Maybe i can post an updated version with some minor changes tomorrow.

Code:
Heroes
Marine Commander
*Minefield explosion damage reduced.

Gameplay

Runekeepers nerfed to make them viable early game (level 10+).
Statgrowth post-level 20 is now reworked.
Environmental upgrades nerfed significantly.
Exp gain lowered.

New Runes:

/ Mark of the Howling Moon : Increases movement speed by 45% and increases attackspeed by 15%.

/ Ogre's Rune of Retribution : Increases armor, returns percent damage received to attacker.

/ Infinite Mana Flux : Grants +50 mana regen per second and reduces ability cooldowns by 5 seconds.

Misc
Fixed typo on link to TheHelper main thread.
Fixed AS and HPR display error on Corvus.

Known Issues:
Some projectiles glitch when reaching map bounds (does not crash the game though, just be careful and dont overdo it)
"Limit has been reached" bug found by Glenphir
Bug that may cause someone to level to 20 instantly.

in order of difficulty and my time to code these maybe the next updates:
(values/specs not final)

Tomorrow:

Caustic Arachnathid Venom : Increases attack damage by 20. Each attack will slow the target by 8% for 5 seconds.

Crest of Dragonwrath : Grants +50 Spell Power. Every 4 seconds, the hero's next attack will deal AoE magic damage.

Later:

New Cooldown Reduction System (a base for cooldown reducing abilities and items in the future)

Much Later:

New Stat : Spell Resistance (for base stat, abilities and items)

6th Rune : Will of the Ancient Hydra - Grants +25 HPRegen per sec and +35% Spell Resistance

Keep posted on updates.

If you have better suggestions for the new runes, they're appreciated.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Sweet! Nice to see you still working on this :)

I don't quite understand this:
Does this refer to the (neutral) creeps' strength upgrade?

I'm curious as to how the cooldown reduction stat will work out. It would either end up a great addition to the game, or any extremely notorious feature that makes balancing a hell of a job.

Will the runekeepers also gain the benefit of their rune? I imagine that the Ogre and Hydra to be extremely hard to kill for physical damage dealers and casters respectively.

I like the large amounts of runes you are planning to include in the game, but you should try to keep it at a manageable amount. If you implement too many runes, it may create a lot of chaos for the players in their struggle to control all the rune spots/hold all the runes.

Also, I do remember a large Circle of Power at the middle of the map. Is that meant for a King of the Hill mode?

Great to hear from you :)

13lade619

Reaction score
Added a new feature : Free/Manual Teleport.

Seeing as 'Patrol' was pretty unused, it will be replaced by a free teleport system.

Just click the new skill to set a Teleportation point, after that type in "-tp" to teleport.
Will have casting time of course, also a required distance and an internal cooldown.

13lade619

Reaction score
Untitled-1copy.png

11/17/10 Rise Again.

Multiplayer ready, but it's still the tip of the iceberg.

Download from WorldEditorTutorials : http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=1672
Download from Epicwar : n/a

Changelog 11.17.10

Code:
Heroes

Marine Commander
*Minefield explosion damage reduced.
*Mortar projectile speed reduced.

Draven
*Removed mana regen component of Covenant

Gameplay

Runekeepers nerfed to make them viable early game (level 10+).
Statgrowth post-level 20 is now reworked.
Exp gain lowered.
Better Runekeeper Mob Spells.
REMOVED Stat growth after 20.
Patrol replaced with Teleport. ("-b" Auto-Teleport to base.)
Anti-Backdoor on last Towers.

New Chat Commands:
"-ma" Matchup

New Runes:

Mark of the Howling Moon : 
Increases movement speed by 45% and increases attackspeed by 15%. Lasts 65 seconds.

Ogre's Rune of Retribution :
Increases armor by 30, returns 15% damage received to attacker. Lasts 55 seconds.

Infinite Mana Flux : 
Grants +50 mana regen per second. Lasts 45 seconds.

Misc
Fixed typo on Corvus tooltip.
Fixed typo on link to TheHelper main thread.
Fixed AS and HPR display error on Corvus.

Known Issues:

Some projectiles glitch when reaching map bounds (does not crash the game though, just be careful and dont overdo it)
"Limit has been reached" bug found by Glenphir
Bug that may cause someone to level to 20 instantly.

A Call to Arms! Please help in the improvement of the map.

13lade619

Reaction score
L_smallercopy.png

11/19/10 Runes Redux.

Downloads:
WorldEditorTutorials - http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=1673
EpicWar - http://www.epicwar.com/maps/154598/

Changelog 10.11.19
Code:
Runes!

Rune durations are now equal at 2:30.
Runes can stack.
Runes will now be stolen by killer hero.

Mark of the Howling Moon : Increases movement speed by 35% and increases attackspeed by 20%.
Ogre's Rune of Retribution : Increases armor by 20, returns 15% damage received to attacker.
Infinite Mana Flux : Grants +25 mana regen per second.
Caustic Arachnathid Venom : Increases attack damage by 25. Each attack will reduced the target's armor by 3 for 4 seconds.

Misc:
New HP and Mana Bars by Hatebreeder. (More fine tuning later.)
Filesize reduction. Trimmed unused code and imports.

13lade619

Reaction score
L_smallercopy.png

11/21/10 Gameplay Updates.

Downloads:
WorldEditorTutorials - http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=1675
EpicWar - http://www.epicwar.com/maps/154769/

Changelog 10.11.21
Code:
Gameplay

Cooldowns reset into multiples of 0.25 for the implementation of cooldown reduction.
Spell Power ratios modified for multiple abilities.
Runes now removed on death.
Runes will now transfer to the Player's Hero even if the killer is a non-Hero, ie summon.

Runes:

Infinite Mana Flux : Grants 15 mana regen per second and reduces ability cooldowns by 5 seconds.
Crimson Dragonfire: Increases Spell Power by 100. Every 5 seconds the Hero's attack will deal 120 splash magic damage.

Misc:

Hopefully fixes mac compatibility (Witch King Icon).
Fixed loading screen.
HP and Mana bars now fade on death. (and when in stealth.)
Arachnathid Venom now changes projectile art.

*Added teasers for 4 new sidequests.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
The game feel faster now. Holding onto a runes or two really encourages a player to play more aggressive to maximise the effect of the runes.

The heroes are looking as good as always. The damage path for most heroes are rather weak as of now, but I believe that the introduction of items would change this.

I really love how this map is turning out to be much more than the conventional AoS. I find myself lurking the no-man land much more than the 2 designated lanes. I think that this will introduce a rather interesting gameplay, since most battles would be fought in the neutral territory (neutral creeps area). It kinda feels more like an RPG than an AoS, since there can be so many kinds of strategies (eg. 2/2 lane, 2/1 lane 1 jungle, 1/1 lane 2 jungles)
It would be really funny to play a full jungle/gank team, people would be dying all the time 0_o

Side quests, huh? Those would be really cool.

Great progress, simply amazing map you have in your hands. Really wish I could try it multiplayer, though, my brother just refuses to play it :(
Don't worry, though, he just dislikes trying new maps in general, not just your's.

BTW, gotta love the cooldown reduction.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.