Life in Lordaeron v2.0 Released

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Very nice. However, I do ask, have you fixed the error with the crash-your-computer letter quest? You know, the one with the Bureaucrat and his letters? I heard something about that you've fixed it or something, just wanted to make sure.

Mind

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rinpun
Very nice. However, I do ask, have you fixed the error with the crash-your-computer letter quest? You know, the one with the Bureaucrat and his letters? I heard something about that you've fixed it or something, just wanted to make sure.

Yes, I fixed this endless loop.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Yep, I read something about that. Just making sure.

Oh, and in your oh-so-cool tight spots of the city (very, very original), have you fixed the houses? I suppose you were smart enough to fix the load amounts to be what they say (Mansion holds eight, and the tent holds a whopping twelve) but also smart enough to give the Mansions a rally point for unloading and/or giving them more range. For the medium houses I have to manually put my unit directly in front of the house before it loads said unit. No loading in a short amount of time. And with that rally marker to set it so that the unloaded unit goes there, it'd really help. I've bought several mansions and the one with the kid in the fountain to the south has it so that when you press the unit to unload it, it unloads in behind the mansion in a stupid place. I have to do unload all and set it to be the right area, if you know what I mean.

Have you fixed the house auras too? Don't know if you want all healing without the unit going inside or if you want all healing the unit when its inside. I found the mansions seem to cure mana and such only when you're inside. The Medium houses heal when you're nearby.

Still though, a job well done for making a tight AND open map that actually works. I've played a lot of crappy games where the map is way too small and you can't even navigate your hero through a path that bloody small. In yours though, it's nice to go in single file to find all sorts of hidden units and such. I'm still pretty sad that my cool healing troll died several hours in the game to the wretched furbolgs of the southeast. He was so helpful in my seven level growth....

Mind

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rinpun
Have you fixed the house auras too? Don't know if you want all healing without the unit going inside or if you want all healing the unit when its inside. I found the mansions seem to cure mana and such only when you're inside. The Medium houses heal when you're nearby.

The auras regenerate both mana and health of all units withing 200.00 range of the house.

C

ConanEdogawa

Kudos to you Mind. Your map is by far the greatest LoaP/RPG map out now. Your integration between an RPG and a LoaP is very impressive. Your map has given me many hours of fun and I plan to play it some more in a little bit.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Definitely. That other LoaP sucks because of their lousy attempt at starting families and that garbage.

"Don't attack me Police, I'm robbing a bank."

"WTF WTF WTF!!!111!!! Ur not supozed ta atak me, da Drug Deala, u stupid police!!1!11"

Do the Bandits have a base to recruit people? I don't recall seeing a base anywhere. But then again, I never got one of those Omniscience glyphs so I haven't seen the whole map.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
(Alright, I posted a new topic on the errors in this map that I've found but I don't know if you'll check this topic or that topic first, so I'm posting the error notifications here as well)

It loads surprisingly quickly for me, so I have no trouble playing it. Just thought you said something about it taking a while on your computer....

By all means, good job Mind, just wanted to point out a few things I've seen from the "completed" game version. Yes, I've gotten out of my lazy chair--I've tested it and I'm still playing it--for about one-two hours now. Having fun and accounting errors

It's a beautiful map though, I'm playing this thing here totally solo with computers (normal; that may be why blue is retarded) for the three main groups. Just killed the Insurgents at level 16.

So, down to the point--

---
Fleet of ships in the Top Right Corner?

In the top right corner there's a group of hostile ships that, for some reason, don't belong to the guard and therefore shoot my transport ship when I get close. What is the point of this fleet? I can't kill it either--I don't see any docks selling offensive boats.
---

---
Whoa, double-crossing Realtor!

Is this a joke? It's pretty funny, but I don't think it was intentional. Towards the bottom left corner, there is a Realtor who sells a small house just to the left of a realtor selling a medium house. There is also a store of some sort just to the left and down of the small house. Now this cheating Realtor sells me the small house and converts it, but he doesn't leave! And more importantly, his "buy house ability" cools down! This means that if I play with another human/battle.net user, they can buy that little small house about a minute after I buy it...and all for just 1000 gold.
---

---
Totally strange AI

All three AIs are strange in their own reasons.

Undead -- Attack immediately in a seemingly good attempt at siege. Unfortunately, I don't think they're supposed to rampage through the city and then start fighting the Bailiff's forces. Towards the end of the hour, they just kind of spread all over the place finding their way into every single fight with the insurgents and/or Town Defenses. They train troops correctly until their heroes killed--they don't even revive him.

Town Defenses -- Uh...what? The only thing the "town center" does is revive the Bailiff who goes off on attempted (but always failed) heroic solo invasions of the Insurgent and Undead bases. What happened to the troops? All of the buildings except that rotating spheres one are intact, and no troops were built even before that. This part of the AI needs a lot of fixing. Hope you have a backup version as I believe you've protected the map.

And at the end, I saw him standing proud over the ruins of the Undead Center. Unfortunately, he was too stupid to notice a Slaughterhouse still standing, which my troops had to kill.

Insurgents -- Nothing to say here. Units are trained and follow the annoyingly cheap hero (might want to make a note of that--Vampire Aura (it seems like that--might not be true) and not to mention his stats bonusing items make him stronger than me--and he's 4 levels under. My trusty hammer does put him away though) around the city to cause trouble in random areas.
---

---
What we have here is a failure to communicate....

(Heh, hope you didn't get the wrong idea with the topic :))

So anyway, when I click on a unit, I don't always get a reply. But when I take a few steps away and click on another person, I get the other dude's reply and the newly clicked person's reply. Shouldn't be too hard to fix--you fixed the class-description problem at the beginning.

And for a "small" note. Shouldn't clicking children give you useless babble or a sloppy message that says something more helpful than the adults? The kids are always wandering around...they're bound to know something more than the rumor-passing adults. I click on this kid and he tells me in the same exact feeling the adult is showing. I don't think they can copy THAT much behavior.
---

---
WHAT? I order a photo-shoot! My horse bloody won!

Perhaps this had to do with the fact that there was a villager on the racing field and that I've received a warning that ' ' killed a Villager. Either way, my gambled horse pulled ahead and won, but it said I didn't win. *Sniff*
---

---
Cool, my Bear's communist like myself :D

When you're done winning a gambling bear contest, the color of the bear which you were set to gamble on should revert back to black, instead of staying the color. I've mentioned "communist" because my dude's red, but that's besides the point.
---

---
What does this tent use? Black hole compression?

Tents hold a whopping 10 units, not 2.
Tents can't hold items.
Tents can't train troops.

Why?
---

---
Minor note in Graphics....

Shouldn't the Arcane Observatory to the right of Lieutenant Dernek's office be up a little farther in it's walled-in spot? Backyards are kind of pointless.
---

---
Minor note in Information....

Very small thing worth mentioning. While my name on the forum is Rinpun, my battle.net name is XtremeLightning. If you don't mind, please put "XtremeLightning on battle.net" in parantheses next to Rinpun.
---

C

Chaoscontrol

I just have to say it: Great game- Really inspired-Props on everything:D - Very entertaining-Very

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.