Limit # of Heros per player/per type

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
This should be easy...I hope. I want to limit the number of heroes one may build per tier to one hero, and only one type of each hero allowed: just like in normal WCIII TFT.

The only difference for my map is that I will have 4 tiers and hence you are allowed 4 heroes. What I have done to mess up how it normally works I am not quite sure, however I don't remember changing anything and most all my heroes were built off of standard heroes. Anybody know what gives here?

I know I can script it in GUI to limit unit types of each hero to 1, but this isn't really the answer I am looking for. I guess I could script the other problem as well but I really was just hoping it could all be done through data entry or be found in game play constants or something? Anyhow any help is greatly appreciated.

Just so I don't get things tripped up either here is one more problem I am having. I made multiple Altars; to house all the Heroes to pick - they are switched with a chaos ability - so you only build one Altar and switch between them. The deal is that when you switch the Altar it no longer qualifies as meeting any requirements it met before or need to be met in the future becuase its not the same Altar.

I tried changing that requirement to 'any Altar' and it didn't work. I also looked for 'Alter' as a classification and it wasn't there, but even if it was it should have copied over. Anyone know how I can get these Altars to register as Altars, or at least make my requirements include one of them without needing all of them existing at the same time? Thanks for your time.

Fluffball

Reaction score
Maybe lots of diff boolean arrays? setting the to true when a hero is made of unit type or something...

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Maybe lots of diff boolean arrays? setting the to true when a hero is made of unit type or something...

I don't understand sorry...explain if you would please. Think of me as noob if that helps any, thanks.

Fluffball

Reaction score
Do you have different races?

Ok make as many variable arrays (With the size being the amount of players in yout map) as you do tiers. If a player finishes creating a unit, and that unit is a hero, then set Variable_Array#1[(Player Number of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)))] = True.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> I also looked for 'Alter' as a classification and it wasn't there

There's a list of what is an Altar in the gameplay constants.

Alternatively, put all yours as techtree - dependency equivalents of a default Altar.

There's also a list of Heroes in the gameplay constants.

Pick every player in (All players) and do
- Player - Limit training of <Hero> to 1 for (Picked player)
One action per Hero, should not take all that long to make... :p

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
> I also looked for 'Alter' as a classification and it wasn't there

There's a list of what is an Altar in the gameplay constants.

Alternatively, put all yours as techtree - dependency equivalents of a default Altar.

There's also a list of Heroes in the gameplay constants.

Pick every player in (All players) and do
- Player - Limit training of <Hero> to 1 for (Picked player)
One action per Hero, should not take all that long to make... :p

Ace you're always a big help. Thanks a ton! :D. I already did the dependency equivalents and I don't think it worked for me. But, I may have fudged it up so I'll check again just to be certain. Either way though those list are precisely what I was looking for - thanks man. Fluffball thanks for your time as well.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Hmmm, I have one problem now that I have run into. Is there a limit to how many the list you mentioned Ace can register as Heroes on that list. Three or four of my Heroes at the end of the list don't register although I can keep adding to it if I want to.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
If there is a limit, it is unknown.

Though, the trigger should still limit them to 1 per type.

I don't know if its a limit or something else, however, I just went and tested it, and there is no limit on them as well I can build as many as I want even if I've already built a hero for that tier. I'm stumped :banghead:

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Well there is a limit as to how many Heroes can be added in gameplay constants and I've reached it using only a third of all I have so I am interested in knowing what can be done to overcome this or are there alternitive things I might try?

I am merely looking to see that all my Heroes are treated as such; only allowed one per tier then the ability to build others is disabled. As well you can only have one Hero of each type, no doubles of characters. Any help anyone is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Yetti

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
D

DJ_Kalide

the estimated limit to amount of heros per map is about 50ish according to a few other sites ive been to. some maps ive seen have had 58 heros, but that is most i have seen. there might be a limit.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
the estimated limit to amount of heros per map is about 50ish according to a few other sites ive been to. some maps ive seen have had 58 heros, but that is most i have seen. there might be a limit.

Wow, really because I don't even think I loaded that many into the gameplay constants before it starting excluding some of them towards the end of the list. Is there anyway to increase this number or write a script to overcome this and accomplish the same thing?

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Do you have different races?

Ok make as many variable arrays (With the size being the amount of players in yout map) as you do tiers. If a player finishes creating a unit, and that unit is a hero, then set Variable_Array#1[(Player Number of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)))] = True.

I am pretty new to this but think you are on to something. Would you or someone else be willing to carefully explain how I would go about setting this up. Again what I am trying to do is just get around the fact that I have more Heroes than can be added in gameplay constants. So I need to come up with a trigger or script to have them behaving respectably. Thanks.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Just a quick question, you did add, of course, a new 4th tier to both the gameplay constants and on the Heroes?

I haven't done this yet though it shouldn't get in the way of just trying to accomplish my first priority which is getting all my heroes to register as such. Still don't know how to do this. Someone mentioned setting a bunch of arrays. I'm not sure exactly how to do this though or what code I would use to write the requirements for each of them. Anyone know how to do this? I just have more heroes then are allowed in the gameplay constants box so I have to try and get around this. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
You could try what no one else ever tried before:
Reset your hero list in the constants,
and put your Heroes as "techtree - dependency equivalents" on the default existing Heroes...

Unverified and untested.

However, in the unlikely event it would work, you get 24 "options" to put a couple Heroes to, which should cover even extreme needs.

I'd suggest to try with one first, to see... :p
There might be some "features" if those default Heroes are used too. Try one you aren't using.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Through my observations of mapping in my early days,the list of heroes you can place in the Gameplay Constant's Techtree did not behold any limit.

Well, if it does, then follow what Ace said, since I did replace them on one of my maps (and worked)..

Actually, removing anything in the list that has no use at all..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.