Looking for Beginnger to Advanced World Editor Users for production of ORGP

A

aschy

The Kingdom ORPG

I have an idea for an ORPG that will include ideas from games such as World of Warcraft, Defianc3(map), FFORPG(map), Runescape, and a lot of its own uniqueness. I have experience with working with all aspects of the world editor, mostly with GUI triggering. The Kingdom ORPG homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/aschy/index.htm I will be updating this as soon as I can.

Looking to add people in my team with:

-Gui triggerer(2/3)(Aschy,Fabioz)
-Jass experience(0/1)
-Skins/Modeler(1/1) (Fabioz)
-Basic/Advanced Map editor experience(0/2)
-Advanced Terrainer(1/1)(~Void~)
-Story Writer(1/1)(Ghoulrush)
-Idea Factory(1/2)(Urkenstaff)
-Beta Testers/Bugg Finders(any amount)(Hellclown)

Outline of my idea

More than 1 map

Max Hero level:60

Quests: There will be a main story line and many random quests that you can do for exp and rewards

Heros: 3 Classes(Melee, Magic, Ranged) with customizeable subclasses and customizeable subclass skills. (skins in production)

Professions: No planning has gone into this yet, there will probably be 11 professions that you can level all of them, max level maybe between 60 - 99

Endgame(players that are level 60): Yes, I plan on making this on other maps, many, many items will be added to scripted boss fights.

PvP(player vs. player): I think that it would be cool if players choose their own diplomacy with other forces, or if their are PvP battlegrounds maps & PvE Maps. - Ex: Dota Templated Battleground

Dungeons(Instances): I am looking to create a 1 - 60 lvling enviroment both in a exterior and Interior "world" with various items that can be used from level 1 - 60

Items: All kinds: class specific, with custom item models, grades(common,good,rare,epic,legendary)

Hero Kill System: Points for killing heros which can be used to buy items.

Acheivement points: Points for beating bosses and for winning battle grounds which can be used to by items.

Extra

I am accepting any suggestions on heros, items, exterior world, interior, Dunegons, Endgame, really anything about the map. Anyone who gives an excellent suggestion/Or helps me with (Current Problems) will get their own custom hero added to my map just for them(get to choose own skills, build, skins, and this hero will be balanced to other heros for matters of pvp) and be credited on my map. ORPG and DOTA Battlegrounds Testers near Bottom of Post.

Current Problems

1.Save/Load Triggering - this is all made in GUI I would like to add some more varibles to it.

2.Boss Suggestions - I need more boss suggestions anyone who can give me something good that I can work with will get a custom hero remeber to keep it hard but not impossible and add alot of mystery to the solution of killing the boss. ex: dont just make it tank and spank.

3.Rename the ORPG come up with a awesome name for The Kingdom RPG.

Progress - Dev

Heros[6%]
Hero/Item Models[95%]
Quests[0%]
Items[1%]
Professions[1%]
Terraining[2%]
Triggering[3%]
Storyline[5%]
Overall Progress[14.12%]

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Since the post has changed, it looks nice now. All I can do is wish you good luck

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Thats the lamest introduction ever, as i see u have absolutely no experience mapmaking, and u dont know how to do triggering. Lemme tell u, if u rly want to finish ur rpg, u gonna require ~300 triggers, and 5% will be made in jass. So basicaly it gives question: what will u do, exep ordering others? And ur map idea is poor, u have to make at least 1 unique system that would make ur rpg different than others. Anyway gl with mapping, and respect for huge desire to make an rpg

At least his post was legible, not filled with acronyms and random shortens to shut an extent to hardly be worth the effort of even looking at.

And to say that he has no experience in making maps isn't in your field of ability, nor is it correct according to anything he said. He may not be that good at making maps, which wouldn't be experience it would just be inability. Please go back to school and learn basic English word definitions.

But regardless of that fact, everyone needs to learn and you're kind of a douchebag for shooting his idea down because of it. And he didn't even explain what his map was about, so all you did in the aspect of telling him he's unoriginal is essential further my testimony of your idiocy and dislike for you. That's why he wants people with good skills, I'm inferring anyway: to help him learn while he goes. I mean, I've hardly any idea how to use the SDK for FEAR, lacking both experience and ability, but I'm working with a few people on a huge modification, which I started with a concept that's probably more unoriginal than what's in Aschy's mind. Actually it was pretty much plagarism when I first started. He's basically doing the same thing, only with a simpler engine and a lot more douchebags and elitists in the modding world.

Anyway, good luck with the map. Hopefully you can sift through the elitists who probably aren't much better than you anyway and find some people to help you out.

Matemeo

Reaction score
Thats the lamest introduction ever, as i see u have absolutely no experience mapmaking, and u dont know how to do triggering. Lemme tell u, if u rly want to finish ur rpg, u gonna require ~300 triggers, and 5% will be made in jass. So basicaly it gives question: what will u do, exep ordering others? And ur map idea is poor, u have to make at least 1 unique system that would make ur rpg different than others. Anyway gl with mapping, and respect for huge desire to make an rpg

This reply is so full of fail its astronomically astounding.

"Lemme tell u, if u rly want to finish ur rpg, u gonna require ~300 triggers, and 5% will be made in jass."

Where the hell did you pull that out of? Never mind, don't answer that question, I couldn't stand any more of whatever you might have to say, it physically hurt my face to read this. :banghead:

@OP: Don't let this jackass discourage you, he probably doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. If you need any help feel free to spam my email with questions. [email protected]

A

aschy

Haha, thanks for your replies guys. Dont worry lol I dont have any hard feelings about it linamus, should just learn out their you might tell that to a hardcore emo some time. I plan to do this with or without help, and triggering is not hard its just hard you just have to understand the basic's to varibles and its all pretty much straight forward, considering you dont even have to work with code. Thank you Matemeo if I have any questions I will surely through you an e-mail

D

delikely

Beta-tester

i will beta-test,bug find for you
im kind of busy with my own ORPG ( delikely's ORPG - Vengeance ) but i have the time to beta test yours

SON OF A !! I LOOKED AT THE MAP OF YOURS THE TEST. i give your terraining,monster placing,game play 1/10 sorry. all cause of ur terrain?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
is that bad? lol

and to aschy, its annoys me with i see people like u... sorry to be rude and stuff but, i kinda agree with linamus, this isn't movie directing. make your own map instead of just giving directions and then giving yourself a big credits with the other peoples name in small letters on the bottom. so many noobs these days that just say "I need 2 of these, 3 of these, some of those, a little of that, 4 of those, some of this"... its not that hard to learn how to make a map if you really truly want to! :mad:

anyways, sorry about that emotional spaz. i'm trying your map right now. i don't wanna discourage you and im sure you wont be, so good luck with your map. :)

i tried your map and here is some...eh.. comments? review? something.

I would give it a 5/10 (better than delikely gave o_O lol). The terraining is horrible but i know its just a tester so that can be fixed later. The monster placing is also horrible... and the monsters are all normal. Terraining also affects monster placing, add trees sticking out creating shelder for example. Or, place some rocks in an area and have monsters hide in the area. The tooltips are pretty cool, too but the grammer is kinda bad and so is the tooltip words. The colors are cool but the descriptions are..um.. bad. And why are the heroes so rigged? ........... good luck.

Shadows

Reaction score
To everyone bashing linamus, 99% of the people who start out making a ORPG have no idea what they are doing. Of this 99%, maybe 5 learn something from it and move on to make other maps or drop mapping entirely. I read his post, there really is not a whole lot special about this map at all. In fact, as far the people bashing are concerned, I get the odd impression that you would fall into the same category.

D

delikely

is that bad? lol

and to aschy, its annoys me with i see people like u... sorry to be rude and stuff but, i kinda agree with linamus, this isn't movie directing. make your own map instead of just giving directions and then giving yourself a big credits with the other peoples name in small letters on the bottom. so many noobs these days that just say "I need 2 of these, 3 of these, some of those, a little of that, 4 of those, some of this"... its not that hard to learn how to make a map if you really truly want to! :mad:

anyways, sorry about that emotional spaz. i'm trying your map right now. i don't wanna discourage you and im sure you wont be, so good luck with your map. :)

i tried your map and here is some...eh.. comments? review? something.

I would give it a 5/10 (better than delikely gave o_O lol). The terraining is horrible but i know its just a tester so that can be fixed later. The monster placing is also horrible... and the monsters are all normal. Terraining also affects monster placing, add trees sticking out creating shelder for example. Or, place some rocks in an area and have monsters hide in the area. The tooltips are pretty cool, too but the grammer is kinda bad and so is the tooltip words. The colors are cool but the descriptions are..um.. bad. And why are the heroes so rigged? ........... good luck.

U were in good times when u rated the 5/10 right? U must had been very happy. o ye as i forgot i agree with linamus to ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.