Lumber Return

Leo

Reaction score
I'm trying to think of a way to detect when a player returns lumber to a lumber yard. Any suggestions? I thought maybe a unit comes within range of the yard, but than how could i detect the condition of him carrying lumber?

Errr...does what I'm trying to do make sense? I didn't word that very well, but I cant think of a better way to state it.

The reason is because in a map I'm working on, I want each lumber mill to have its own separate lumber supply. So if that mill gets destroyed than you lose all the lumber that was stored in it there unless is been collected.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ermm... this might be difficult. maybe you could do something like, a unit right is issued an order targeting a unit

lumber mill is target and ability cast is return rcources for conditions
set amount = player 1 lumber - [lumber]
set target units custom value to custom value + amount
set lumber = player 1 lumber

custom value is the lumber inside the mill
amount is an integer
lumber is an integer which is set to the players current lumber

this trigger is very brief, its just an idea. but ill basicly explain it: lumber is the amount of lumber, so this first find the difference between the lumber before and after the issued order iot then adds that to the custom value of the mill.
and then sets lumber to the current lumber

S

Sunny_D

well, i have a partly solution.

a condition that might be helpful would be:

Code:
(Current order of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Order(resumeharvesting))

buuut... well, this would also be true, if the unit has gathered gold. and it would not fire if the unit has lumber, walks near but without returning the lumber....

mb that was helpful at least a little... ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.