Magic Resistances

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
All heroes have an innate 25% magic resistance to negative spells and magic damage, correct?

So if I make a custom ability off of the Item Magic Resist ability with negative values to -25%, and give it to all heroes, it would cause them to receive spell/magic damage like all other units, correct?

I'm pretty sure about the above two, but just want some clarification.

Last question: If I make several different custom abilities all based off the Item Magic Resistance ability, say one with +10% resist, another with +25% resist, will they all stack? So if I gave those two abilities to a hero, his total magic resist would be 60%?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
About your resistance part, I believe that you are correct. Try testing it out :cool:

For the stacking part, I'm not too sure. You could test that out too :p

Sydra

Reaction score
Actually, they do stack, but not adding up like that.
The general formula for most of the stacking problem in W3 is like:
A = 1 - (1-B)(1-C)(1-D)... and so on, with A is the final value; B, C, D is the value of each of the component.
So in your case, if u add the -25% magic resistant to ur hero, they will have:
1 - (1-0.25)(1+0.25) = 6.25% magic reduction.
In the 2nd case, it would be:
1 - (1-0.25)(1-0.1)(1-0.25) = 49.375% magic reduction.

Hope this help =)

FannyShaver

Reaction score
They won't stack, tried that some time ago. You also must be aware of a fact, that hero magic resistance is not because they are heroes, it's because they have hero armor. Simply changing these stats in gameplay constants would have fixed an issue.

roXplosive

Reaction score
I have tested it a while ago and equipped a hero with Runed Bracers 33% magic resist and used a damage test spell on it . The damage received was 51% or something like that compared to 75% without bracers . So the bracers remove 33% of 75% == 25% damage . However i have not used more runed bracers to see if they stack or how does magic resistance stack with elune's grace or Defend spell damage reduction . I guess i could try it whenever i get home .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.