Make an Item look like a corpse

Red Beard

Part-Time helper.... Full Time Lurker
Reaction score
Hmmmm, Well I have been searching through the models/doodads etc on WC, and I cant seem to find a decent 'carcass' model.

Is there a way, I could perhaps use a dead units model as an item?

u follow?

K

Killfest2

Do you mean a dead body lying on the ground, in a propped position, or as bones on the ground?

You can find some good corpse props under Doodads > Props, and good bones in the same category. If you want a dead unit on the ground, just create a killing trigger, or set the units HP to 0%

Red Beard

Reaction score
no what i am after is an item, that instead of a treasure chest model it has a dead unit's model.

For example; if i kill a footmen, a 'footmen corpse' is left behind, which can be picked up. This would be able to be done using most units killed.

If it cant be done, is there a trigger i could use to simulate this effect?

xPheRe

Reaction score
The corpse models are inside the alive ones, but with the 'decay' or 'flesh' animation tag, thus it's impossible to have an item with this without making a cutom model for it.

Also if you do it with a custom model, then you can't use any spell that targets on dead, since the item isn't classified as Dead.

I suggest to use a trigger, when I'll arrive at home I can try to do something for you.

Red Beard

Reaction score
mmm yeah, thats what i figured. Damn.

If you could that would be great. :D

xPheRe

Reaction score
I was thinking... have you tried with the "Take corpse" ability?
I mean the ability from the undead wagon that takes corpses to use as ammunition.
(Sorry, I have the Spanish version and I don't know the exact english names)
Maybe you can use it and check with a trigger

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
have you tried to make an item, and change the model file to: Doodad - Skeleton or Doodad - Corpse,

and as for when a unit dies youd make a trigger like:

Code:
Event 
A unit dies
Condition
Unit type is equal to your unit
Action
Remove dying unit from the game
Create item *skeleton* at position of dying unit

Sargon

Reaction score
There's a "Create Permanent Corpse" function in the Trigger Editor. Use that when the unit dies.

Red Beard

Reaction score
well....

i have perused the doodad corpses and i dont like the ones they have to offer.

I wanted it so if u killed a unit. The item it drops look just like THAT UNITS CORPSE.

On further consideration of this, it seems hard->impossible to do without somehow trigging a permanent corpse of the unit to appear every time the item is dropped on the ground and removing it when it is picked up....

Am i being clear, or am i being too vague?

thx to all btw, but no cigar yet

*Edit: could i string the model file to something like units\human\footmen\footmen-decay flesh or something?

would something like that work? if so whats the order? :End Edit*

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Can't do that, I'll explain.

The death and decay of a unit is an animation sequence.

Items don't allow you to specify anims, while units do. So for an item, no cigar again.

The 'corpse' is the 'decay' anim.

Now, even if you COULD specify anim, the item would 'decay' and dissapear, just like a unit.

So again, no cigar. Have to download a model from wc3sear.ch, or use a doodad corpse.

You could ask your favorite modeler to extract that frame from the anim, and create a very small size model, but good luck on that.

Red Beard

Reaction score
Bollocks
Ah well

*dumf dumf dumf "another one bites the dust"......*

*Edit* Who is my favorite modeler.....

Lol If i knew a modeler they would be in soooo much trouble, i got so much i want to get but cant find (dont u hate when u have to improvise a poor imitation of what could be awesome)... Tried modelling myself in a DIY session. It nearly cost me a new computer from my rage

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
heres what you do
You make a unit's corpse stay forever and ever.
and then make a custom ability based from the take corpses ability and then they could use the item or something
thats how they did it in island troll tribes

N

NRInpun

That would work, but I personally use what blizzard has to offer.

Making a corpse should be easy, either follow the modeling tutorial on the World Edit Tutorials linked to from this forum or go to OM and check out my tutorials. Except, instead of using the skin I used for a simple model, you can find a corpse texture in the blizzard mpqs. I found one for my fleshwall which would be pretty cool if it didn't have to take 27502735235 polygons to be like a heap and not like a block of flesh.

Obviously, you'll have to flip the humanoid thing over on the ground and not use animations :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.