Making a unit COMPLETELY invisible?

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
You could visually simulate invisibility, by locally manipulating units alpha vertex color, and its shadows alpha vertex color ( This requires you to "catch" the shadow, when unit is created, though ) and removing the health bar.

You still have to somehow make enemies unable to target that unit though, make it unselectable for them. Dont really know if it can be done..

edit. Also, if you want unit to stay invisible when attacking, dont use permament invisibility, but Ghost ability instead.

chiem

Reaction score
Thank you VERY much guys! I solved my problem kind of. Well, I just modified all the invisible detecting spells to only detect burrows (I know thats a bad idea) but because of that, any other invisible units will be undetectable also.

I tried the method to change the targets to non-ancients but it didn't work. It still detected them. I really appreciate all the work you guys have done to help me with this.

Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate it.

Seprest

Reaction score
You still wouldn't be able to see it, only select it and shit, but it would look like crap.

Otherwise, you could could maybe change it's type to like an ancient or something and have all units not be able to attack that type.

Or maybe there is a way to screw with it's priority so that it will nv get targeted by units, idk!

Your allies can still see it btw, dude.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Removing a health bar means adding a Locust ability, so unit becomes uncontrollable.

Not neccesarily.

You can for example get rid of all blizzards health bars, and trigger your own ones.

Of course this doesnt work for every map, but its still one possibility.

Also it used to be possible to add and remove locust, so that unit lost its health bar, but remained controlled. I, not sure if it still works, but you can play with adding/removing locust and hiding and unhiding units. There was some combo that removed health bars.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
You can't make a unit visible to one player and invisible to others without causing a desync. But you can, as you already figured out, limit detectors in a clever way to achieve the effect you want

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
you can do it, and ive already said how, it doesn't desync,

Combine:
1. Locally setting Alpha and Scale (to make invis from allies) (even viikuna says so)
2. Accname said: Changing the detector targets
3. Perm Invis/Ghost?
4. OPTIONAL: Removing health bar using negative selection scale

Although this is "solved," chiem said he wanted invis from allies as well (which still does not seem to be solved), removing shared vision would not remove the fact that if the unit is within sight range, it can be seen by allies

of course, if chiem doesn't really care about allied seeing it anymore, then w.e
(i think i was being ignored because its JASS -.-)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I think its too hard to do it for wc3 like envinronment. For more controlled one, you could maybe do something like this one idea I had once:

It was an idea of custom invisibility system for a map.

It basicly would have turned unit completely visually invisible ( You could of course target it if you knew where it was, so its not like wc3 invisibility, only a visual invisibility. I just post this here if anyone is interested. )

Basicly:

- Edit units vertex color locally, so it can not be seen.
- Edit units shadows vertex color locally, so it cant be seen. ( Shadows can be captured when unit is created. )
- Get rid of Blizzards health bars, and do health bars with dummy units, so you can also modify their vertex color locally.

I was planning to have different invisibility levels, and different detector levels, so unit would either gain or loose more alpha in the eyes of different detector player.

Also factors like detectors facing angle and invisible guys position, whether the detector and/or invisible guy is moving, some spells and abilities, the distance between invisible guy and the detector would have affected to the final outcome of units alpha color for each player.

( The map was going to be a stealthly Jungle Hero fighting thingy, with loads of traps and stealth stuff. Traps where going to work in same way. The closer you come to the trap, the more alpha it gains. )

SpiroW14

Reaction score
Solusion

Well man there are 3 ways
1:is like Morted from (Dota)
2:just invisible with only shadow
3:invisible with no shadow but with no selected
4:invisible with no shadow but you can selected

Well Lets start!!
first way
1:Create a hero like Morted (or anything that you want)
then a ability who just buffs like the (evasion)
then make a new trigger and do the following things

Events
Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Level of Evasion for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 10.00% transparency
Else - Actions
If - Conditions
(Level of Evasion for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 2
Then - Actions
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 40.00% transparency
Else - Actions
If - Conditions
(Level of Evasion for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 3
Then - Actions
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 70.00% transparency
Else - Actions
If - Conditions
(Level of Evasion for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 4
Then - Actions
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 100.00% transparency
Else - Actions

SpiroW14

Reaction score
Solusion 2

(IN MY LAST POST I DO 1 WRONG THING 1 AND 2 and 3 WAYS ARE THE SAME just forget them.. :) )
Second way!!
2:make a hero anything you like and remove his shadow then create a ability i prefer (evasion) because it gives you chance to avoid a attack
then make a new trigger and do the following things

Events
Conditions
Actions
If - Conditions
(Level of Evasion for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 10.00% transparency
Else - Actions
If - Conditions
(Level of Evasion for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 2
Then - Actions
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 40.00% transparency
Else - Actions
If - Conditions
(Level of Evasion for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 3
Then - Actions
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 70.00% transparency
Else - Actions
If - Conditions
(Level of Evasion for (Learning Hero)) Equal to 4
Then - Actions
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 100.00% transparency
Else - Actions

this is a way like (Morted) (dota) spell but with no shadow so is more hard to select it

but if you don't want it like lvl 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 then just make the following post

Events
Conditions
Actions
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with anything you want to put :) transparency

or if you want the unit to be invisible without learn a skill just become invisible with a time then do the following post

Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Animation - Change the unit who you want who is in the map vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with anything that you want :) transparency

and if you want to become invisible when it joins a region then change the events to

Unit - unit enters the region who you want :)

Well if you have any question just reply in my comments :)

SpiroW14

Reaction score
man how i see your solutions s*** just follow mine and you will be very great full if you want any other help just visit my youtube channel
w w w.youtube. c o m/user/Wc3Helper
and let a message
for example
+1 (and the question)

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
If your a bot Nvm but if your a human don't double post and use the edit and don't necropost.

M0RBiD

Reaction score
it's so simple !!
so simple !!
just use the ability "Ghost"
this ability make your unit or hero invisible and wont be detect on attack or spell cast until it passes it's duration . . .
but u should create a dummy spell and create a trigger to use the ghost ...

-Event :
unit casts " Dummy Spell "
-Action
Add " Ghost " to casting unit
Wait (2 or somthing) seconds
Remove " Ghost " from Caster

Like a piece of cake . . .

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
it's so simple !!
so simple !!
just use the ability "Ghost"
this ability make your unit or hero invisible and wont be detect on attack or spell cast until it passes it's duration . . .
but u should create a dummy spell and create a trigger to use the ghost ...

-Event :
unit casts " Dummy Spell "
-Action
Add " Ghost " to casting unit
Wait (2 or somthing) seconds
Remove " Ghost " from Caster

Like a piece of cake . . .

Like the bot above you.....please don't necro an old post. This is from April last year.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.