making villagers wander around target

Lupo

Reaction score
Is there any way for a building to be built have a trigger spawn like 3 villegers at the place of the building and have those villagers wander, but wander near the building they were created with?

Also can someone give me an explanation of the wander ability... I know it makes the unit wander around... duh... but how far and what are the limitations and all that of the wander ability?

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Give the units you wish to wander the "Wander ability" and create a trigger like this:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit leaves YourBuilding <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to YourWanderingUnits
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order YourWanderingUnits to Move To (Random point in YourBuilding <gen>)

The wander ability is completely random, and there is a chance it won't stay in the same spot.. so it's always nice to have a trigger like the one above (edit it however you'd like)

Variables used:
YourWanderingUnits As Unit
YourBuilding As Region

Lupo

Reaction score
Actually is there any way to get the unit to stay near a building that is built in game?

say i build a farm the unit appears and I want it to wander around that farm that i built

any way to make that happen?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You'd need to write a small system to do that for you.

Small if it was in Jass. It'll take three or four different triggers for GUI.

And it can't be done in GUI leaklessly. Not at all. Unless you use a method that doesn't use rects (regions in GUI).

Lupo

Reaction score
Crap =( thanks!

Well if anyone has time and wants to show me how to do it in GUI that would be great =)

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Crap =( thanks!

Well if anyone has time and wants to show me how to do it in GUI that would be great =)​

You could do it in three triggers, like Regions.

of course, this leaks, but...

I can't imagine it would screw up that badly.

Trigger:
  • Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Region One)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Move To (Center of (Region Two))

Lupo

Reaction score
is there any way to do it without pre set regions because i want to be able to make something like a farm anywhere on the map have the unit spawn next to the building and wander around near that building.

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
I guess you could save the position of your building as a variable, and order the unit to move to an offset of the building. like position of your farm with an offset of (random 1-100 x),(random 1-100 y)

maybe? i dont have the editor open at the moment.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.