Mana Breaking not Working :(

Mythes

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a spell that will "Break" the target's mana, that is, set it to 0.
It also has a chance to fail and make the caster itself fall to 1 mana point.

But, for some reason, nothing happens... I based off on a Dummy Chain Lightning, and triggered as such:

Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
    (Ability being cast) Equal to Soul Siphon 
Actions
    Set SoulCaster = (Triggering unit)
    Set SoulTarget = (Targeted unit)
    Set SoulTargetMana = (Mana of SoulTarget)
    Set SoulChance = (Random integer number between 1 and 10)
    Game - Display to (All players) the text: (-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------     + (String(SoulChance)))
    If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        If - Conditions
            (Mana of SoulTarget) Less than or equal to 0.00
        Then - Actions
            Skip remaining actions
            Quest - Display to (All players matching ((Matching player) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the Simple Hint message: Alvo não tem mana.
        Else - Actions
        If - Conditions
            (Level of Soul Siphon  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        Then - Actions
                If - Conditions
                    SoulChance Less than or equal to 5
                Then - Actions
                    Unit - Set mana of SoulTarget to 0.00
                    Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Incinerate\FireLordDeathExplode.mdl
                    Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                    Floating Text - Create floating text that reads SUCESS at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 18.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 25.00% transparency
                    Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                    Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                    Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.60 seconds
                    Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 0.80 seconds
                Else - Actions
                If - Conditions
                    SoulChance Greater than 5
                Then - Actions
                    Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to 1.00
                    Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Incinerate\FireLordDeathExplode.mdl
                    Floating Text - Create floating text that reads FAILED! at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 18.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 25.00% transparency
                    Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                    Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.60 seconds
                    Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 0.80 seconds
                Else - Actions
        Else - Actions
        If - Conditions
            (Level of Soul Siphon  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
        Then - Actions
                If - Conditions
                    SoulChance Less than or equal to 6
                Then - Actions
                    Unit - Set mana of SoulTarget to (SoulTargetMana - (0.50 x (Max mana of SoulTarget)))
                    Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Incinerate\FireLordDeathExplode.mdl
                Else - Actions
                If - Conditions
                    SoulChance Greater than 6
                Then - Actions
                    Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Incinerate\FireLordDeathExplode.mdl
                    Floating Text - Create floating text that reads FAILED! at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 18.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 25.00% transparency
                Else - Actions
        Else - Actions
        If - Conditions
            (Level of Soul Siphon  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
        Then - Actions
                If - Conditions
                    SoulChance Less than or equal to 7
                Then - Actions
                    Unit - Set mana of SoulTarget to (SoulTargetMana - (0.50 x (Max mana of SoulTarget)))
                Else - Actions
                If - Conditions
                    SoulChance Greater than 7
                Then - Actions
                Else - Actions
        Else - Actions

I event added a "Game" line, to tell me what number the Integer had randomed, but I have no idea why isn't it working. Yes, I'm sure the spell I'm casting is the one I triggered (yet, I have mistaken that for many and many times).

I'm pretty much sure that my mistake will be really stupid and I will facepalm myself several times after I read a response, but I'm willing to take that risk.

Thankfully, and awaiting the pain, (lol i'm roleplaying too much today, hope my barber doesn't get pissed)

Myt.

Jedi

Reaction score
Set SoulTarget = (Targeted unit)

should be

Set SoulTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)

Parsival

Reaction score
Hi, Mythes

I'm pretty much sure that my mistake will be really stupid and I will facepalm myself several times after I read a response
Well, I have to agree. :(
Look :p

Trigger:
  • Set SoulTarget = (Targeted unit)

It doesn't refer to the unit You want.

Try this instead:
Trigger:
  • Set SoulTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)

Have a nice day ;)))

EDIT//
ARGH! I knew it! I just knew it! Too late :((
BTW. Use 'wc3' command next time please. :)

Mythes

Reaction score
Can I post a facepalm image here?
I really hate myself at the moment....

rep+ to both, (don't worry Pars. :p)

thanks for poiting that out...

Myt.

PS:
Actually now I'm curious...
What's "Targeted Unit" usefull for?

Parsival

Reaction score
What's "Targeted Unit" usefull for?
Event -> Unit -> Specific unit event -> A unit aims target
(I have other language version, so I am not sure about 'aims target')

And probably:
Event -> Unit -> Specific/generic unit event -> Unit gets order with an object
(I am not sure about 'gets order with an object' again :p)

I really need english WC3's version ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.