Other Manhunt

lord dakoth

Reaction score
Another map that I am working on at the moment: I call it Manhunt. It's a 2-5 player map, but 5 is ideal.

The map is set in an old, dark mansion with dark rooms, spooky passageways, gardens, and even a dungeon. One player plays the role of the evil Slasher, and hunts the other players. The goal of the Slasher is to eliminate the other players (2 or 3 lives per player) before the timer runs out. At first, evading the Slasher is relatively easy, but he becomes more deadly with every player he kills.

Although other players cannot directly attack each other, they can set traps for each other to slow, freeze, teleport, or attract the Slasher's attention.

The Slasher wins by eliminating every player. If the timer runs out and there are still players remaining, the one with the most lives is declared the winner (ties are possible here.)

The time limit for the map will depend on how many players there are (more time for more players) but I will be shooting for no more than 30 minutes or so (about the length of a regular map.)

I am working on this map as I write this, so your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

~Lord Dakoth

lord dakoth

Reaction score
Manhunt Screenshots

Okay, I've been working on Manhunt for a bit, and I have some screenshots right now.

manhunt-courtyard.jpg

A snapshot of one of the courtyards.
manhunt-gardentele.jpg

Looks like the Slasher is going to pay this Unlucky Chump a little visit. I blame the crappy quality of this shot on Photobucket.

manhunt-garden.jpg

A nice view of the garden area we saw in the previous shot.

More screenshots up in the near future. Remember, the map is still in Alpha testing stage, so your feedback/suggestions/cynical comments are still appreciated.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Last pic was certainly the best. This sounds pretty cool, would probably make for an interesting game. The best of luck to you in creating it :thup:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, the last picture looks the best.

Well, I like the sound of this scary, swift massacre game. :D

Are the survivors trying to win for themselves so that they should trap the other survivors? The thing I don't like about those types of games is that people abuse it and always just mass something at another person, and sometimes, they all get one guy at a time.

Having all the survivors survive together would be fun, too. Maybe you could make it so that there is no minimap (no pings) and you don't share vision. The survivors have to find each other and work together... that'd be cool.

But it's up to you. :D Either way, good luck. :thup:

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
I'd recommend changing the tileset to dalaran ruins, it has a much darker mood surrounding it.

lord dakoth

Reaction score
Yeah, the last picture looks the best.

Well, I like the sound of this scary, swift massacre game. :D

Are the survivors trying to win for themselves so that they should trap the other survivors? The thing I don't like about those types of games is that people abuse it and always just mass something at another person, and sometimes, they all get one guy at a time.

Having all the survivors survive together would be fun, too. Maybe you could make it so that there is no minimap (no pings) and you don't share vision. The survivors have to find each other and work together... that'd be cool.

But it's up to you. :D Either way, good luck. :thup:

Well, players are expected to cooperate - to a point. Yes, there will be a fair share of betrayal. I'm toying with the idea of giving the runners "net" items to slow or freeze the Slasher - or maybe even each other. So it may be to a player's advantage to betray a teammate at some point.

The thing is that the Slasher gets more powerful (eg. access to new skills, more damage, faster, ect.) every time he slaughters someone, so there is an incentive to help each other out. By betraying your fellow escapees, you could basically be stabbing yourself in the back.

Also, remember that the escapees have a small vision range (they don't share vision either,) the Slasher can see the entire map, he can teleport, AND he can Shadowmeld. (The map is perpetually nighttime.) Fortunately, the escapees move a little faster than the Slasher.

But remember, if the time runs out, the player with the most lives left is the winner. So if the clock is ticking out and you're down by one, you might want to trap the player in first so that he gets mauled.

lord dakoth

Reaction score
Another screenshot

Chugging along, slowly but surely, with the Manhunt map. Here is a shot of the library, I just finished this room like 10 minutes ago.

manhunt-library.jpg

Back to work. I will be working on the dungeon now (a large part of the map.) Expect screenshots this evening/tomorrow morning.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
this sounds exactly like murder at the mansion. i couldnt help but notice the striking resemblance

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
is this map huge? btw murder at the mansion has the same "mansion" style and murder style. except yours is slashing...~

lord dakoth

Reaction score
The map is... hold on lemme check... Playable 116x116 (small.) Not that big. But keep in mind that there is only one Slasher. And that I hate mapping more than anything else...:thdown:

lord dakoth

Reaction score
New screenshots (OMG)

I'm a few hours late with the new screenshots, but I don't think that I ruined anyone's day.

manhunt-bridge.jpg

Nice aerial view of the bridge leading from the garden courtyard to the dungeon entrance.

manhunt-fog.jpg

Okay, two things: First, has something died in there recently? Second, if something did, how long would it take us to find out?

I know the dungeon isn't as sinister as it could be. I know that it doesn't make sense to have a dungeon right next to a garden. But whatever. This is Warcraft, which isn't that realistic to begin with. I really am having fun making this map. Can't wait till I get to the triggering part, lol...

demotry241

Reaction score
a nicely put bridge.

at the second.. is that water?, wait let me rephrase that, is that blood?.

nice screenshots.

lord dakoth

Reaction score
a nicely put bridge.

at the second.. is that water?, wait let me rephrase that, is that blood?.

nice screenshots.

Intended to be smoke/thick fog, but blood works even better. It's actually a bunch of "smoke smudge" doodads, modified to a scale of like 2000, and slightly raised in the air. That's also what the dark stuff in the crevices below the bridge are. Looks quite good in a dungeon setting, I might add.

Plus, in the second shot, when a player walks through the black stuff (fog blood whatever) it will be up to his torso. Cool, wading through thick fog.

demotry241

Reaction score
look, portal from burning crusade!,

since its a mansion

maybe add some bloody gargoyle statues?, or maybe not.

yes.. when a unit walks in the water that is black... one can imagine..

Chewbalka

Reaction score
at first to me it looked alot like another murder house map nothing im intrested in but as i read more it sounds alot more intresting.

lord dakoth

Reaction score
Another screenshot!

Okay, I finally got back to WCIII after a few-month lapse. I got a new screenshot up, this time of the altar in the dungeon.

manhunt-altar.jpg

This room says "Slasher Was Here" all over it.

School is starting tomorrow for me, so this project probably won't be done anytime soon. But I will keep posting updates on this thread.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That last screenshot just looks like you massed doodads on it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.