Map idea

Maapik

Reaction score
Hello,I have got an idea for a RST map in which you create an empire and declare war to the others.The description of the map is :
You start with a settler and choose a good spot for your first village (you can have many towns).After your village constructed,you will have a spell called "enter village" in your village.It will lead you to "another map" where you will expand the village.Then,with your first military unit created,you can form group (or squad :) ) to exit your village and explore the world map.You may also create other village and get trade route.And,of course there isn't only the 2 war3 ressources ;)
Do you like the idea or not?

Yoshii

Reaction score
To be honest I dont think RTS/Melee map are popular at all for the simple fact that most people that play custom map , play them to get away from the "melee" style of the game

Maapik

Reaction score
I know that but my map is very different from the the melee throught you have to expand an empire.Declaring war to the other is just anoter choice of playing my map :)

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
sounds like the "civilization" series, it does sound a bit similar to what a melee map is though, you build your empire, like building a base, you explore and fight, sounds like a modified melee

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
yep. sounds like melee but different units.

it's the same as a melee map with "lock teams" disabled in advanced options.

War3shade

Reaction score
Don't want to offense the ones that commented but...
You start with a settler and choose a good spot for your first village (you can have many towns).After your village constructed,you will have a spell called "enter village" in your village.It will lead you to "another map" where you will expand the village.Then,with your first military unit created,you can form group (or squad :) ) to exit your village and explore the world map.You may also create other village and get trade route.And,of course there isn't only the 2 war3 ressources ;)

It's more based in empire builder map like Ceasar or Anno ;)

@Maapik :
I like the idea :)
Throught it will take you many time to do this;

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
>Expand village
-Build tiers in order to expand unit production (e.g. more towers to build and more units to train)

>Create other village
-expansions expansions expansions. You can have more than 1 base in wc3

>Trade route
-Lock teams off, discuss through all, ally, trade, and unally (unless you want to keep as ally)

>More than 2 resources
-Food's a resource. I think you mean 3 resources, but do you really need more than 2?
what else would you need other than gold and lumber? crystals for the mages? rock for the siege?
it's like a slightly harder version of melee. (or not...)

War3shade

Reaction score
>Expand village
-Build tiers in order to expand unit production (e.g. more towers to build and more units to train)
Expand town like anno/caesar or any game like those. -_-" (Building houses,making population happy,getting income,build ressources-buildings to...Get ressources (gold mine,quarry,lumber mill etc...)
>Create other village
-expansions expansions expansions. You can have more than 1 base in wc3
Having more then one village to expand (anno-like).Sharing their ressources with trade route...
>More than 2 resources
-Food's a resource. I think you mean 3 resources, but do you really need more than 2?
what else would you need other than gold and lumber? crystals for the mages? rock for the siege?)
Wood for building,stone too,food and water for the population and other thing like this

Maapik

Reaction score
o_O war3shade,look like you read in my mind :D
@Maapik :
I like the idea :)
Throught it will take you many time to do this;
Thank you.For sure it will take time :rolleyes:.But isn't a huge problem,juste need be patient (specially while terraining lol)

eskashaborn

Reaction score
I also think that if this were to be done well it could be a very interesting and fun map.

Though it would be a very big commitment.

I say it has promise...but you have to make it a quality game (of course) and something that sounds so large may turn kinda of boring a crappy if done incorrectly.

You should go ahead with the idea, but take your time. Do not expect yourself to be done anytime soon!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.