Map initialization event

FannyShaver

Reaction score
Just stopped working, never had ANY problems with this before. All triggers with such event just stopped working out of no where. Overtriggered game or what? New tiny patch? Anyone else experiencing such a dodgy problem?

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Firstly, I LOVE the name and profile picture. I actually lolled.

Could you perhaps post some triggers, it might be something you've overlooked?

FannyShaver

Reaction score
Those triggers were always fine, since always, just recently I added some more triggers and hit the number of 900+, and since then they just started not to load. Never made any changes to them.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ouch, might have crossed the limit line, a line that even Blizz didn't know about.

Sounds like you've put quite a LOT of work into the map. Hope you get it sorted.

Bigheaded

Reaction score
i doubt there is a "limit" to the number, for surely some of the games like dota surpassed this number a long time back? or even omg dota or dota imba, considering that dota imba has AI's as well i'd be impressed if they did it in under 900.

I presume you haven't editted any of them? for obviously you may have made a mistake like added a table at map initialisation (doesnt work, needs to be added at least x seconds into the game)
do ANY of them work? or do you only have 1 trigger on map initialisation? if so post up that one trigger.
If you have lots of triggers for map initialisation go through them say 5 at a time, disabling them then testing, until you get to a stage where you can get a few seconds in without it self destructing. If you disable all of them, my guess is the error is elsewhere, and not in a map initialisation trigger.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
There are only two, one for reseting the terrain, to make it explored and another one to set the colors, none works. I don't think it's the number of triggers tho, since I just reduced the number fo 870, and this problem still occurs. I really don't know what might be the problem, it just appeared out of nowhere.

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Try making a map init trigger in a new map. If it does not work there is something wrong with your editor. If not, try deleting those two triggers and remaking them. If that does not work either try exprting everything in the map into a new one. If none of that works I am out of ideas.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
id place a bet on a corrupted file in wc3 or your computer, you may be able to fix it reinstalling

TheLegend

Reaction score
why dont you put all the triggers using map init events into one, i think that would do the trick, and add a w8 cause probably the map gets confused while trying to execute 100+ triggers at the same time

FannyShaver

Reaction score
I only have 1 map init... oh well, now I have none at all since Blizzard fked the job and it just stopped to work. Perhaps Dota has the same problems, and they don't use map init anymore. At some point posted thread about this on Dota forum got ignored, unfortunately...

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
You are probably hitting the oplimit. You have to split your one initialization trigger into 2 I suppose. Make the first execute the second at some point.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
It's a really small one, I just had to go around everything in the way I didn't really wanted to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.