Map Making - Cinema+Victory

wrseb

Reaction score
Hello! Im new to this Warcraft map making kinda, and I can't find the answers to this on the internet, so I post it here:

1. At the start at my game [WHEN IM TESTING], It shows that Im victory? Is this just becouse Im testing or is it something other?

2. Im trying to make a campaign right, so Im using some cinematic stuff. After Cinematic on, the conversion, then cinematic off in the Trigger Editor, what now?? Like I know it's done, but Im using it as when my units enter a region, it activates the cinematic, and it starts talking. When done talking, cinematic turns off, and if my units just goes out and in of that litle region, it does the cinematic over again .. Is there any way to turn that off, like it does it once not more? As if I go in, cinematic, then something that turn that trigger off, as it wont happen again?

3. Is there possible to at the start, remove the castle? Like, as I said Im creating a kinda campaign.. So I don't want to have a castle .. Is there any way to remove that? When I place out a starting point, it creates a castle automatic .. Any way to remove that?

I hope you understood me, I really suck in english sorry..

* = Got the answer, thanks.
* = Still need answer, please :)

Please help..

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
1. You must remove the enforece victory/defeat condition from Melee initialization

2. Set
trigger - Turn Off [This Trigger]

at the end of it

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Welcome to the Helper.net

1) There is a trigger that has a "Melee - Enforce melee victory conditions". You have to delete that. The condition are basically: If there are no enemy buildings, then you win.

2) Add a line at the end of the cinematic trigger: "Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)"

wrseb

Reaction score
@W!†A_cRaft : Thanks :D

@Moridin : Thanks you too and thanks for welcoming me :D

That really helped, thank you 2 soo much.
+ rep 2 u both :D

wrseb

Reaction score
Oh well, I added another question. Need answer for that one too, could you please? :D

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I dotn see your OTHER question xD

EDIT: now i do

EDIT EDIT:

remove the Create Starting units from the Melee Initialization

wrseb

Reaction score
I dotn see your OTHER question xD

EDIT: now i do

EDIT EDIT:

remove the Create Starting units from the Melee Initialization

I always do :thup:
But then ... Oh now that Ive removed the defeat/victory thingie at start, will it work?

And, I still need to have that castle?'

And btw, sorry I posted that right before I edited my question xD

EDIT: It worked man ty so very very very very very much! :DD Now I finally can create my campaign ..

BUT OOOOOOOOOOOONE MORE QUESTION XD:

When I save my map, and close it, and later bring it up again, it wont load. It says error not enough space .. or something like that .. Is that coz I only got a lil over 1 GB disk space? Or what :p

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
you can remove any of those actions, they aren't linked together

as a matter of fact you will most likely want to remove them all

except Use melee time of day
and run melee AI scripts (this you might also want to remove)

others are to give you start gold, remove neutrals around the castle, create castle and workers, give the 1st hero a scroll, limit heroes etc, i remove them all mostly

EDIT: Im afraid that last question is out of bounds of my knowledge m8

wrseb

Reaction score
Ok hehe, I think that's why .. I gotta clean up soon lol..

But thanks sooooooooo much anyways :p

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't bet on it, try to solve your problem....1 GB is much much more than enough to load a map that hardly wages more than 0.5 MB or so....

wrseb

Reaction score
Ok this is kinda offtopic, but, doooo youuuuu knoooow (lol:p) how I do as Player 1 cant buy any units from buildnings? Bad explained, let's give an example:
In my campaign,
Red stars far far away from his castle, and his mission is to get back to the castle with that hero whos far away. In the other side off map. Okay? And that castle is HIS, but how do I fix as he cant buy any upgrades or units from that? Or simply, just deactivates the whole castle as he cannot select them or anything .. I read somewhere that you could do as you could select units, but then I thought u couldnt select ur Hero either so I didn't try .. Do u know anything about it?

EDIT:
i wouldn't bet on it, try to solve your problem....1 GB is much much more than enough to load a map that hardly wages more than 0.5 MB or so....
Aha ty :p

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
you could make the Castle be treated as a unit that needs to be rescued that way he wont be able to use it and when he come near it it will become his

EDIT: In order to make it be rescued you need to do:

Unit - Make unit rescueable action and select the castle as a reference,
this is the simple way of putting it.

wrseb

Reaction score
ahh thanks very much for your help :)

Now I just need to solve my space problem to start making it for reals :(

wrseb

Reaction score
And hey btw I got an idea I just tested out .. I'd just have the castle as normal but no resources as I can't do anything there? :D Waddya think about that idea xd

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.