Map switching

Dark Ruler

Reaction score
ok im having a veary hard time on this one.
example your making a Map and on the same map you wand a dungeon but there is no room anymore. so what i want is that you enter a region and then your units get saved in a cache the computer switches map reloads the units and you can play on.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Can only be done in single player, in multiplayer you need to make a bigger map size.

Dark Ruler

Reaction score
ah like that wel im actualy yust making this map for a frend its gonna be an RPG like map. yust like the founding of durotar.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Righto. It always looks good if you add nice special effects to the map change regions, and you can also add restrictions on what units to transfer or make the hero require items to be able to change map simply by using If/then/else actions. Good luck :)

Dark Ruler

Reaction score
ok olready thanks for the help but this only rezolves haf of my question
i read this tut http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51668
and now i know how to save and switch map but now i have the problem that i can only have 1 entrance location at my main map(s)
example 1 main map and 4 sub maps. each map is a square (doh)
at each side pf the square in the main map is an road (exit) whit a region when you enter the region you switch of map whit your cache. then your in one of the sub maps and wanto go back to the main map you setted your cache that you wil get ur units back et the same region you used to leave to the that specific sub map. you go to another sub map and want to go to the main map again. here is my problem yuou wil auto get your units back a the zone you used whit the other sub map. you can switch maps whit a cache but you cant make miltitiple entrances know what i mean?
solution pleas?

Dark Ruler

Reaction score
Oh lol still the same problem man Your tut says the same as the one i olready read.
My problem is that when you have a map that is linked to 2 other maps you can only have 1 location wheer the cache wil create ur units on that map...

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Well, you can store more than just Heroes.
Numbers for example.

As in, store 1 if you came from map 1, 2 on map 2, ... or something along those lines.
When loading, check that number and decide on some other spot based on that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.