Map types

Which one is the easiest to make?

• Total voters
F

Freya Erdane

Hey, I want to know what type of custom map is the easiest to make because I wanted to make a map, but dont know where to starts. (Not meelee of course.) Just poll, and if you want to give a tip for making that kind of map, just post. :D

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
None of them are easy, or all of them are easy. Depends how much effort you put into them and how detailed/original you want to be.

Reaction score
That would probably be a Hero Arena.

Why?

Well, all you need is to make taverns/wisps/anything else to let people choose a hero and the heroes themselves.

Trust me, as long as skills dont look like the original blizzard ones, people will like. They don't care if it is based of stormbolt, all they care is that it deals diffirent damage, has diffirent description and animation.

You might also want to make a leaderboard, wich is not very hard to make.
And terrain.

And, well... That seems to be everything.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Easiest map to make is with out a doubt a normal melee map. Just do the terrain, add some neutral creeps, and double click some of 'em to make them drop items.

F

Freya Erdane

Tom Jones said:
Easiest map to make is with out a doubt a normal melee map. Just do the terrain, add some neutral creeps, and double click some of 'em to make them drop items.

HEY!!! I know that was easy, but I said not MELEE MAP!!! I just mistyped it to Meelee!!!

Umm, forget bout that, Yeah, actually I was making an AoS, but because lack of idea i dont continue that for a while. And with 2 vote of the other, what do you mean with other

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
I didn't read the post, I just voted and replied... bummer. If by tag you mean sheep tag, tree tag etc. then my vote goes for tag. Else, arena.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
personally i think that mazes, hero arenas and AOS's are the easiest

but i voted for hero arena because:

AOS usually need a lot of importing and custom spells.

Mazes and Hero Arenas are the easiest but Hero Arena is on the list and if you saw that other won you would probably be like "what is other??"

so Hero arena because all you do is a tavern and wisps and stuffs, then possibly trap triggers which are fun and easy to make :D

Saiza

Reaction score
I dont get how the FUCK some did vote for RPG? :p 8,36% or something
As I understood, it's the hardest... :p

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
TDs are not hard to make you need: a tech tree for each tower builder. Lives Trigger and variable, Unit Type variable. Spawn Script and what have you. It becomes more complicated with trigger spells and runner abilities.

dashival

Reaction score
I voted Other, because you shouldn't constrict your choices to six kinds of maps. What I think you should do is, open WE, close everything else, maybe turn on some music, and think. What sort of map do you want to map? Do you want a session to last 5 minutes, or do you want it to last an hour? Or more? Do you want, say, a hero-based game, where each player has their own hero? Think of some possibilities you can do with that. Or, maybe you want each player to control more than one unit, and manipulate them to beat the game, or defeat other players? It's all up to you, you're the designer, you get to pick what kind of map you are going to make. My point is don't limit yourself to, like, six.

S

Small Chips

Wait til you're properly inspired before starting, because it sucks having to change everything when that great idea hits you...

I

iNsaNe

Easiest map to make is a normal maze map, no ability triggers, just region and patrol/attack ground triggers. Easy.

Surferkid993

God surferkid993 = new God(awesome.me);
Reaction score
RPG has to be the hardist. You have to make every unit and testing takes for ever. Tag is the easiest, no doubt.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.