Maps not appearing in Frozen Throne

retupmoc258

Reaction score
I play Frozen Throne and go to where certain maps are, and they don't show up. I have even tried loading the maps and saving them again under a different name, and they still don't seem to show up. I have version 1.24.1.6374, does that have anything to do with it? Is anyone else having this trouble?

retupmoc258

Reaction score
did all the maps in a folder disappear? or just a few random ones spread out?

Well, for the most part it looks like it is most of them. I copied a whole folder of maps and all but three disappeared. I have already noticed before some of my older files don't appear, either. I just recently found a lot of these. They are all maps made using EGUI or NewGen. But my EGUI map appears just fine, but these one's don't. Of course, I seem to have discovered that there's a problem with saving this one particular file with EGUI and I'm not sure why. I wonder if Warcraft III is just capable of detecting which ones have bugs in them . . . in which case, all of these older map tools I"m trying to test are bugged . . . that doesn't sound good, either. I am not sure, yet.

Oh, and shortening the name of the file does nothing. It still doesn't appear.

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
I'm guessing that EGUI is bad, bad, bad.
Like WEU.

Until EGUI gets an update.. (If ever.)

retupmoc258

Reaction score
Well, my map that is made with some functions works just fine . . . shows up and everything. I can't say anything is special to EGUI. I tried copying a library and it didn't like it, but it looked fine in everything except it didn't like the optional part . . .

Draqu

Reaction score
I had similar problem in the past. It turned out that the reason for this were some vJass spells which I imported into the map but which didn't work for 1.24 patch. If you have some vJass spells you can check if it is also true for you (delete the whole code together with its base code if there is such)

retupmoc258

Reaction score
Yeah, most of these maps are examples of vJass spells, triggers, extras, etc. But I don't understand then: I want to do some of the stuff that these codes are able to do. I know previous versions were okay with it . . . why did it suddenly go away? How does vJass differ from normal Jass? I don't quite understand that.

Anyway, I have been looking for something that might either enhance an inventory system (aka make it so I don't have to use lots of round-about triggers to equip items) or to change everything I have made so far into something simpler (which has 10 restorative items, 10 status-ailment curing items, and then a huge reportoire of armor, weapons, shields, helmets, and accessories that can be equipped at any given time).

Currently my items (the twenty I've listed) are accessible by menu and rely on internal variables. I will have other crafting items, too, probably totalling around 30 or so, which will only be accessible in some other menus. But that still leaves me with trouble of equipping and unequipping stuff from the hero's inventory. Any good suggestions?

retupmoc258

Reaction score
I've tried that with a few, and it doesn't do anything . . . even down to 3 letters . . . A few seem to appear . . . not even half of these files, though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.