Maze Blocking (TD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurGurGal

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm making a Maze Tower Defence game, and I wanted to know how to make the creeps attack your towers if they are blocked.

I have been told that they should do it Automatically, but in my game they don't.

I wanted to know if my trigger is wrong, or if there is a trigger you have to create to make them attack if they blocked (I don't mind making variables)

Here is my trigger:
-Event -Unit -A unit Enters (region)

-Conditions -(Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)

-Actions -Unit -Order (Entering Unit) to move to (Region)

It is very basic I have a feeling I need a trigger to make them attack when blocked, if you know this trigger then please tell me.

Cheers

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Try ordering the unit to "attack" (maybe "attack-move" in GUI) to your region. I think that should do the trick (although I never made a TD).

BurGurGal

Reaction score
Try ordering the unit to "attack" (maybe "attack-move" in GUI) to your region. I think that should do the trick (although I never made a TD).

hmmm it dosnt work they instantly attack it even if its not blocking, i also tried patrol to a point but that does the same thing

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
I think most Mauls use that basic trigger and there's little issues with them. I've seen people run 522 MS Shades through everyones' areas at the end of each round; you could just time it for some interval and if it doesn't hit its destination in that time, you've blocked, and penalties ensue.

BurGurGal

Reaction score
I think most Mauls use that basic trigger and there's little issues with them. I've seen people run 522 MS Shades through everyones' areas at the end of each round; you could just time it for some interval and if it doesn't hit its destination in that time, you've blocked, and penalties ensue.

ok ill try that

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> I have been told that they should do it Automatically, but in my game they don't.
Are the towers vulnerable? Do the creeps have an attack?

Do note that this isn't the most reliable way to prevent blocking, however.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if you order creeps to move to some position. but they are blocked by obstacles of any kind. they will lose their move order (because they found out there is no way to get to their final destination). when they lose their move order they will thence be able to auto-aquire targets by themselfs, the standard wc3 unit AI. this means they will start attacking your towers if they are within the creeps aquisation range and there is no hostile fighting unit near to them (units always get higher priority then buildings).

TomTTT

Reaction score
Order that creeps to Attack-Move to, and make your towers Invulnerable (abilities) Or you can simply make that the path which the creeps are going in is simply Rock or any unbuildable path, and then make creeps only Move to. :)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
smart to a point is equal to attack/move which would make the creeps attack the towers on their own.

I've never had this behavior, it always seemed to behave exactly the same as move for me. I remember trying to replace attack-move in one of my maps, but finding that they simply ignored everything and went past it.

I've never actually had any problem with creeps not attacking in my own TD, but I use a slightly different system. I have an invisible Anti-Cheat (frog) running through everyone's maze, which is invulnerable. I'm ordering it to move, the same as everyone else.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
might be that i am mistaken, but i believed that smart was equal to attack / move.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
When the target of [ljass]"smart"[/ljass] is a point, it is the same as [ljass]"move"[/ljass]. If you ever play Warcraft III, you'll notice right-clicking a point will make the unit move to the targeted point, even if there are enemies in the path.

TheLegend

Reaction score
why dont you just make a marble path and set its pathing to unbuildable, the player so wont be able to create towers on the marble(the creeps path)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.