Mirror's Edge

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Has anyone beaten/played this game? I remember seeing trailers and the game looked really cool [Kinda has a "Prince of Persia/Assassin's Creed" style thing going on with the running on walls and whatnot] but I never heard too much about it. IGN gives it an 8.5 I think, but Best Buy was selling it for $30, which is half the original price. Games typically don't go down that quick unless they're not doing well...

Didn't want to waste my money, so I'm hoping one of you has :)

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
its been out for a while, thats probably why its 30$. I rented it once, its pretty cool. Since it is first person and doing parkour it gets kinda confusing sometimes, and this game is centered around running and evasion, you hardly fight in it. It is also very hard to find out where to go since you do these crazy moves to jump up walls and the tracking system isn't very good, so its a hassle to figure out where to go which causes you to replay the level many times from dying so much

DM Cross

Reaction score
It has to be first person? Because that will turn me away from any game... I don't do well with FP. That's why I don't play games like Halo and whatnot.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yes it has to be first person. It's cool at first but gets boring pretty fast.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Yes it has to be first person. It's cool at first but gets boring pretty fast.

Some of the additional levels out there that you can download are pretty intriguing, though. Not sure if you got at that point, my friend did and showed me ... they got crazy hard at points lol.

crystalguard

Reaction score
THe only bad points about Mirrors Edge is that tdue to the camera you can get confusing very fast. This could be easily fixed by using an over the shoulder cam or 3rd person but the developers did first person for a reason. it makes you feel more like your in the game yourself and that alone adds a whole other experiance. and the only other bad part is how short the game is. but yes some of the DLC's are worth getting Mirrors edge is deffiantly worth getting and i saw it used at gamestop for like 19.99$

DM Cross

Reaction score
I can't do the first person thing, though. It actually makes me dizzy and gives me a headache :D Even Legend of Zelda for the Wii [which ISN'T first person!] did that because of the spinning camera.

I might have to go from Mirror's Edge to Brutal Legends instead... Hmm.

Finestdeath

Reaction score
I find the game fun but confusing. Its point of view is slightly different from what I see in other first person games though. Its like you seeing from the eyes rather then the chest. Which, of course, makes you rather dizzy. Apart from that, the actions are rather nice. Especially the slow motion and free-running. If you notice, the game focuses on the principle of Parkour, getting from A to B in the fastest way possible. So yeah, it would be fun if you are a good gamer looking for some fast-paced game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.