Missed attack sound

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Does anyone know the path of the sound that is played when an attack is missed? For example when a melee unit attempts to attack, but all you hear the sound of the swinging action.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i believe the attack path is all 1 depending on which type of attack it is... IE: metal slash attack type plays the metal slash when a unit attacks but a miss sound when it misses, so it could be all 1 string of audio files that you can replace with one like it but a different miss sound

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by what you mean by "all 1," are you suggesting that the miss sound is a part of the attack sound for a certain attack type?

GFreak45

Reaction score
like just 1 mp3 file, and it plays a different part of it depending on what happens in the fight, iv seen it in other games and it might be like that in wc3 but im not 100% positive

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
The reason I am not thinking that to be the case is because, in the sound editor when you play a sound (for example an attack sound), I would believe that what gets played is the whole wav file (the sounds are wav's, not mp3's if i recall correctly).

GFreak45

Reaction score
have you gone through each wav file and listened to the sound, and is it possible that there is no wav for misses since it plays basically no sound?

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
I was hoping I could avoid that method of identifying it, going through each sound in the editor seems extremely tedious.
How can it "basically" not play a sound? lol :p
The fact that you hear the sound, should be an indicator that you can find it somewhere; I guess it's just hidden very well.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
You are partially right, there is no distinct miss sound that exists in the game.
But your simplistic response inspired me with an idea - and I just found out that my hunch was correct - the "miss" sound is actually the swinging sound, ergo it is part of the units animation.
I believe the sound is extractable though, if only magos editor worked for me so i could check.
At least people can know now, if there was nothing on the forum to answer this question.

GFreak45

Reaction score
i rarely play with the sound on, or in games where you are in 1 on 1 combat with another unit so you cant usually hear a miss over the loud clangs anway, i didnt know if there was even a sound that actually played or if it was just silence when contact wasnt made

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.